19 Wins most in country to date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 Wins most in country to date?

I heard this tonight. The polls seem to suggest this is true, I hope I haven't missed someone. I don't care who you are, to have the most wins in the country, a top 10 home winning streak plus our road record & WSU is doing ok.
    Maybe this has been mentioned somewhere, but it deserves a thread, if for no other reason, than to bring these accolades to attention.
    Oh & teams can suggest they may have done better if not for illness or injury (CU). But WSU has succeeded with that adversity as well.
    Phi Alpha

Gonzaga, 19-2, still good company.
    Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
      Gonzaga, 19-2, still good company.
      Only 18 Division I wins though.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Phi Alpha Speed

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
          Phi Alpha Speed
          Vector,

Check your pm.
          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

WSU Record

Somewhere in the past week, I read where if WSU won the game with Bradley last night, it would give them a 19-2 start which would be the best in WSU history. However, it's never been confirmed since it happened. Can anyone confirm that, pls?

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
              Somewhere in the past week, I read where if WSU won the game with Bradley last night, it would give them a 19-2 start which would be the best in WSU history. However, it's never been confirmed since it happened. Can anyone confirm that, pls?
              Tied with 1954 & 1981 teams. Both lost the next game.

Comment

What's our next game? Not creighton? We got this in the bag.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Lamar's little brother coming to town with an underrated team that as Marshall says, beat leader in ACC & SEC, lets not make it MVC. This kind of record deserves recognition.
                  Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    Tied with 1954 & 1981 teams. Both lost the next game.
                    Intersting ... in 1926/27, the Shox finished the season at 19-2.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

First team to get 20 wins

Looking at the polls that came out yesterday, Michigan is 19-1 & Gonzaga is 19-2. Unless one of them is playing tonight, WSU can be the 1st team in the country to get 20 wins tonight! Let's get out there at the game tonight & root them to a win!

Comment

Looking at the polls that came out yesterday, Michigan is 19-1 & Gonzaga is 19-2. Unless one of them is playing tonight, WSU can be the 1st team in the country to get 20 wins tonight! Let's get out there at the game tonight & root them to a win!
                        Looking forward to that. Plus it will also set a new WSU standard for best record after 22 games. They are currently in a 3-way tie with 2 other Shocker teams.

The thing is though that this great start will be of little consequence unless the Shocks can validate it with a strong finish. We have a bunch of tough games remaining but this Shocker team seems to have a special purpose and determination about them. (And no @Kung Wu: I'm not referring to Navin R. Johnson's special purpose).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          The thing is though that this great start will be of little consequence unless the Shocks can validate it with a strong finish.
                          You mean like the last team to start 19-2 (1981) that went to the Elite 8?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Looking forward to that. Plus it will also set a new WSU standard for best record after 22 games. They are currently in a 3-way tie with 2 other Shocker teams.

The thing is though that this great start will be of little consequence unless the Shocks can validate it with a strong finish. We have a bunch of tough games remaining but this Shocker team seems to have a special purpose and determination about them. (And no @Kung Wu: I'm not referring to Navin R. Johnson's special purpose).
                            Hahaha It's the cans! He hates those cans!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Only 2 schools currently with 19 D1 wins. WSU and KU

Comment

Working...
                              X