Bradley win will make Shockers 1st team in D-1 basketball to 19 wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley win will make Shockers 1st team in D-1 basketball to 19 wins

A win for the Shockers tonight will make them the 1st team to win 19 games in the nation. They are tied with Syracuse with 18 wins ,but Syracuse lost today.Furthermore, nobody else will be able to beat them to 20 games first if they win the next 2 games . Goooo Shocks!!!!!

I thought you were going to take a little break? This thread has jinx written all over it.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Why is it important to you that WSU be first to 19 or 20 wins? Is there a prize or a trophy? It's meaningless. Let's just concentrate on winning as many of our remaining games as we can and the "firsts" will take care of themselves.

Comment

He said he was leaving "permently".

In all honesty, jokes aside now, ban this clown. It's more than old now. Add dumbass jinx threads to the list.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
          A win for the Shockers tonight will make them the 1st team to win 19 games in the nation. They are tied with Syracuse with 18 wins ,but Syracuse lost today.Furthermore, nobody else will be able to beat them to 20 games first if they win the next 2 games . Goooo Shocks!!!!!
          Awesome! Let's GO SHOCKS!!!!! Bradley is in town and wants to pull off the upset. Let's grind it out with them and show 'em who's the BOSS!!! Koch Arena.....RISE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            He said he was leaving "permently".

In all honesty, jokes aside now, ban this clown. It's more than old now. Add dumbass jinx threads to the list.
            You guys actually believe in being jinxed?

The Shocks will play the same no matter what we do, what we wear, or what routine we go through. The only thing the fans can do is go to the games and support the team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              You guys actually believe in being jinxed?

The Shocks will play the same no matter what we do, what we wear, or what routine we go through. The only thing the fans can do is go to the games and support the team.
              Nope, don't believe in it. This was an OK post to me, and thanks for the info @Trueshock:.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                I'm glad your SN sabbatical lasted only a few hours. Anyway, shave off your thin epidermis, enjoy having your balls busted but try to make posts like this to jinx the Shox ever again. SN has me to do that, they don't need another one.

Comment

hey, man. bradley is no joke.

Comment

You are right on the 20 wins but if the Gonzaga game finishes before ours and they win they will beat us to 19

Comment

Nobody with a rational mind believes in jinxes. It's just an expression that helps one cope with the feeling of disgust when failure quickly follows a statement about one's success. To be a truly successful coach or leader you can't focus too much on the current success otherwise you will always be on an emotional roller coaster. You just need to keep your head down and work and when the season is all finished, you can reflect back on what happened.

That being said, if we lose today, Trueshock is going to get a shitton of grief because HE FRICKIN' JINXED US!!!!!!

T

...:cool:

Comment

I always love it when Trueshock creates a thread. Gets the boys all riled up! Haha you all make me chuckle.

Comment

TRUESHOCK. TRUESHOCK. TRUESHOCK.
                          By the way Trueshock, are you and Grindtography.com the same person?

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I don't believe I jinxes.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

You can buy a day pass to ESPN Full Court if you have Cox

in Kansas and Arkansas. It's like $16.50 or something close to that for the day. Still cheaper than a ticket. So if you're blacked out and want to watch the game that's a good route to go. You have to have digital cable to get that but its a solid option. The Omaha Cox customers can't purchase just a day pass so they would have to fork out the full 179ish to get the game. Not really a solid option for them unless we are on multiple times in a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X