Exceeding expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exceeding expectations

Toughness. If it's not the No. 1 characteristic Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall looks for in a recruit and tries to develop in his team, it's not far behind. He also likes character and a good jumper. But Marshall has … Continue reading →
    In the fast lane

more good pub. Gotta like all the attention that this season is drawing. That helps with recruiting in lots of ways.

Comment

I've been starting to worry a little for next year with the loss of Hall, DW, EO and Mal. Stupid of me. Coach seems confident in the future.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
        I've been starting to worry a little for next year with the loss of Hall, DW, EO and Mal. Stupid of me. Coach seems confident in the future.
        Kind of like we were worried at the end of last year? Bahahaha

Comment

Worry? Nah. We have Early, Wiggy, Baker, Wessel and Cotton coming back--that's some serious offensive power with Cotton's lockdown D. Coleby and Watson get the chance to prove they're studs. Green (I believe HCGM once said was our best shooter) comes off his redshirt. Plus we have our highly touted 4 star point guard running the show with a year of valuable experience under his belt. I'm even more excited about next year than I am this year.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Im not worried about next year at all. Recruiting will only get better.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              Worry? Nah. We have Early, Wiggy, Baker, Wessel and Cotton coming back--that's some serious offensive power with Cotton's lockdown D. Coleby and Watson get the chance to prove they're studs. Green (I believe HCGM once said was our best shooter) comes off his redshirt. Plus we have our highly touted 4 star point guard running the show with a year of valuable experience under his belt. I'm even more excited about next year than I am this year.
              Using the six you mention, taking their "per 40" states and reducing them to 5/6th, we get some very acceptable stats. For comparison, I've also included White & Lufile, reducing the per-40 to 5/8th.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Kind of like we were worried at the end of last year? Bahahaha
                And the year before...I see a trend. Don't worry Shocker Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  Im not worried about next year at all. Recruiting will only get better.
                  oh, they will be the valley preseason favorite next year (unlike this year.. picked fourth, what a joke). hands down. no brainer.

four straight (soon to be five straight) 25 win seasons in a row. wichita state is equal to gonzaga, butler etc. already, right under our nose. but they need to find that one ncaa postseason run. beating a tough-as-nails bradley team this saturday would be a nice start. we'll see..
                  Last edited by another shocker; January 25, 2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Mo State a had nice run on us to the point the announcers suggested on the tube that he should call a time out. G, like Sub, was not worried. In this case, I prefered he did not call a time out. The recruits Coach Marshall bring in are recruited as if they are all good enough to start. That was why we were 13 deep solid before the injuries. Even so, the part that impressed me even more is that they have learned to play together as an effective team unit on both sides of the court.

Coach Marshall is having his best Coaching Season this very Season. That is not just my opinion. We are 18-2 overall and 7-1 in Valley play which are facts. Some teams might get soft and vulnerable at a time such as this. Look for our beloved Shocks to glove up and turn up the heat even more. This team has more upside just over the horizen and that is scary cool.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

MTXE!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I think calling timeouts is almost a sign of weakness. -HCGM
                        Alpha male.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Worried? Who's worried?

*Wink*

You sleep well tonight.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Very true, kcshocker. They have it, all right -- just without the catchy initials.

Comment

Marshall's philosophy on calling timeouts from the article.

“I don't call timeouts because I think in many ways I want my players to figure it out,” Marshall said. “That's toughness. That's mental toughness and usually by that time I don't have much good to say. I think a timeout would be almost a waste of time. It can be counter productive. I've said this before but in the overall picture I think calling timeouts is almost a sign of weakness.

Comment

Working...
                              X