Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EYEON College Basketball Why Kansas is the best college basketball state of the moder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    I know you don't like him due to his antics (if I recall you hate him because he's whiny?), but the dude can coach. He got into a crappy situation at Illinois that he wasn't prepared for, but his success at SIU speaks for itself. I don't have a crush on the guy but he's way better than Frank Martin and K-State doesn't get it.
    With all due respect, I just have to thoroughly disagree. I am biased because I am a huge fan of Frank Martin as a person. He is a true feel good story as he grew up a poor Cuban-American and made something of himself. Weber is sort of whiny and is winning with Frank's guys now much as he did at Illinois with Bill Self's kids. I give him some credit for SIUC but the overall resume is merely average. He is a whinier Herb Sendek basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
      How is inheriting a loaded team that made it to the national championship game a crappy situation? Indiana was even down most of the years he was there because Kelvin Sampson couldn't stop calling recruits.
      Well according to Weber he wasn't prepared for the politics at that level. Maybe that's just an excuse, I have no idea. But there's no arguing with the success he had at SIU. If he's full of crap we will know that soon.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

His problem at Illinois was he couldn't recruit Illinois.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          His problem at Illinois was he couldn't recruit Illinois.
          Right he blamed that on his lack of experience in dealing with the politics of the boosters. He said they put tremendous pressure on him on which recruits to pursue and he wasn't prepared to deal with that. He said he should have manned up and taken control and told people to screw off, and that he won't make that mistake again.

Again, time will tell if thats what it was but it's ballsy to admit that type of failure, if it's accurate.

Comment

Excuses. He was at THE university in Illinois and couldn't keep the top talents in the state. He can blame whoever and whatever he wants, but it comes down to his inability to recruit his home area which is one of the most talent rich areas in the country. If he couldn't recruit to Illinois, I don't see him doing any better at KSU.

I didn't like the guy at SIU. I didn't like him at Illinois and I won't like him at KSU. And when he gets run out of KSU for lack of success, I won't like him at Sam Houston State.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Bill Self recruited Kyle Wilson to Illinois and left. In walks Coach Weber at illinois and out walks Kyle Wilson from there to 21st and Hillside. I would take another Kyle Wilson here. We will see how Mr. Weber recruits at KSU. He seems okay on the X-O's but he did better at first it seemed at Illinois with Bill Self recruits than he did later with more of his own? We will see in 2-4 years the verdict of these issues. I have to wonder if K-State is really as good as their ranking says right now come March. I have my doubts but maybe it is just me.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Bill Self recruited Kyle Wilson to Illinois and left. In walks Coach Weber at illinois and out walks Kyle Wilson from there to 21st and Hillside. I would take another Kyle Wilson here. We will see how Mr. Weber recruits at KSU. He seems okay on the X-O's but he did better at first it seemed at Illinois with Bill Self recruits than he did later with more of his own? We will see in 2-4 years the verdict of these issues. I have to wonder if K-State is really as good as their ranking says right now come March. I have my doubts but maybe it is just me.
                He took SIU to the Sweet 16 with his own recruits. Time will tell.

Comment

K-State's grey unis are terrible compared with ours. Their purple looks like crap on grey and the grey had some nasty gold tinge to it. But they look extra bad when sweaty. I would have thought they would be the same material as ours. Odd.

Comment

Any time KSU fans start getting larger than their britches, just remind them they are 2-23 against KU - in Manhattan in the last 25 years.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
                      Kstate fans are butt hurt about us being included in this record! A couple guys suggested if we are included then maybe Ft hays should be too
                      That's not all of them. I know a whole bunch of KSU fans that actually do cheer for WSU. The KSU fans are more likely to cheer for WSU any day before they would consider cheering for KU (unless it is for them to lose). I have never met a KSU fan that was negative or derogatory towards WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        That's not all of them. I know a whole bunch of KSU fans that actually do cheer for WSU. The KSU fans are more likely to cheer for WSU any day before they would consider cheering for KU (unless it is for them to lose). I have never met a KSU fan that was negative or derogatory towards WSU.
                        I could say the same for KU fans. More likely to cheer for us than KSU and most that I've personally met have never been derogatory to WSU. There are good fans of both schools and I'm friends with each. Personally, I can put up with more arrogance from KU because they are a blueblood and one of the best. KSU, not so much. I've also met more KSU fans that have been negative towards WSU than KU fans. Maybe I'm just lucky that way.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          I could say the same for KU fans. More likely to cheer for us than KSU and most that I've personally met have never been derogatory to WSU. There are good fans of both schools and I'm friends with each. Personally, I can put up with more arrogance from KU because they are a blueblood and one of the best. KSU, not so much. I've also met more KSU fans that have been negative towards WSU than KU fans. Maybe I'm just lucky that way.
                          I know KU fans and many of them will cheer for WSU too. I think the ones in the Wichita Metro aren't as bad as the snobbing NE KS beakers. I think most fans of both schools around here are knowledgable of how good WSU is and hope that they do good. Most of the people I know also will watch WSU if their game is on. True basketball fans know what we have in the State of Kansas.

And I happen to know more KSU fans than those of KU. That is most likely because I live in a farming community and go to church with a bunch of farmers. Most of which either went to KSU or had family members go there. There are only a handful of actual KU students/alumni around where I am.

Comment

I know KU fans and many of them will cheer for WSU too. I think the ones in the Wichita Metro aren't as bad as the snobbing NE KS beakers. I think most fans of both schools around here are knowledgable of how good WSU is and hope that they do good. Most of the people I know also will watch WSU if their game is on. True basketball fans know what we have in the State of Kansas.

And I happen to know more KSU fans than those of KU. That is most likely because I live in a farming community and go to church with a bunch of farmers. Most of which either went to KSU or had family members go there. There are only a handful of actual KU students/alumni around where I am.
                            Having lived in JoCo for more than 25 years, I would beg to differ. When I lived in Wichita, I could forgive KU fans from NE Kansas for their ignorance. It was the KU fan/alumni from Wichita that were the most obnoxious. To have grown up in Wichita and not even recognize that WSU exists is the ultimate in arrogance and obnoxiousness. Especially in the 80s when KU sucked...

Most KU fans in NE Kansas live in their own world, and are no more dismissive of WSU than they are of any other school outside the B12, or schools not named North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, etc. If the situation has changed in Wichita over the last 25 years, that is a good thing.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              Having lived in JoCo for more than 25 years, I would beg to differ. When I lived in Wichita, I could forgive KU fans from NE Kansas for their ignorance. It was the KU fan/alumni from Wichita that were the most obnoxious. To have grown up in Wichita and not even recognize that WSU exists is the ultimate in arrogance and obnoxiousness.

Most KU fans in NE Kansas live in their own world, and are no more dismissive of WSU than they are of any other school outside the B12, or schools not named North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, etc. If the situation has changed in Wichita over the last 25 years, that is a good thing.
                              I guess I didn't realize it was every other school. But it doesn't surprise me since they think all they have do to put in a light bulb is stand there while the world revolves around them.

Comment

I guess I didn't realize it was every other school. But it doesn't surprise me since they think all they have do to put in a light bulb is stand there while the world revolves around them.
                                You pretty much nailed it on the head with that observation....:cocksure:
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X