playing ku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    IIRC didn't Turgeon say KU turned down an offer from ESPN to televise a one-game deal in Lawrence? And that is how we ended up playing the one road game at Michigan State?
    Yep, but wasn't it in the Sprint Center?

T

...:cool:

Comment

All the debate and hatred should be done with. All DI schools should play each other home and home.
      "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

yeah, think so. FKU

Comment

After saying I wanted this horse to be left to die, I did go to the KU board to check out the reference to their thread. But this thread really caught my eye.

Why the entire rest of the world hates KU fans is singularly embodied by the responses this thread:

Comment

I don't know. Which is more likely to happen? We play KU during the regular season, or we bring back football.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              I don't know. Which is more likely to happen? We play KU during the regular season, or we bring back football.
              If we did bring back football KU would probably be begging to play us in football, at least in the early stages of the new program.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                After saying I wanted this horse to be left to die, I did go to the KU board to check out the reference to their thread. But this thread really caught my eye.

Why the entire rest of the world hates KU fans is singularly embodied by the responses this thread:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=11198263
                I read it last night and made myself wait until today with my basic post so I wouldn't get pissed again. I watched those games back in the 90's. I was good for us to have a hiatus... We have steadily improved our program from the time Randy stepped on the sideline. Turg got us to a great base level, which attracted HCGM. Marshall has made us consistent top 30 team, and if he wants this to be his Kentucky, KU, & UNC. He will be up in the rafters next to Ralph Miller, his own players and all the banners he will win.
                Last edited by HarpBros; January 22, 2013, 03:30 PM.
                "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Let's face it: for every reasonable KU fan there seem to be 5,10 total diques, at least on the message board. Some pretend to be college basketball fans, but really they are fans of being fans of a program that has had a boatload of success.

Many are just outirght dimwitted, uninformed, some weird combination of narcissism and insecurity, arrogant, fat brained, little penile, fat mouthed, arst-faced jerks.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    Let's face it: for every reasonable KU fan there seem to be 5,10 total diques, at least on the message board. Some pretend to be college basketball fans, but really they are fans of being fans of a program that has had a boatload of success.

Many are just outirght dimwitted, uninformed, some weird combination of narcissism and insecurity, arrogant, fat brained, little penile, fat mouthed, arst-faced jerks.
                    And those are the exact same fans that run around all red-faced when the mother ship gets taken down by someone they previously thought they were superior to. Watching that unfold right before my eyes is better than sex. Watching a KU tard spout on about how we would lose 99 out of 100 games quickly turns to confusion when I remind them that two (almost three) Valley teams (perennially weaker than us) have ejected their precious idol from the NCAA tournament in as many meetings.

T

Comment

What would guys think of a 2-for-1? Two in AFH and one in either Koch or Intrust.

Comment

Originally posted by BergundyJungle View Post
                        What would guys think of a 2-for-1? Two in AFH and one in either Koch or Intrust.
                        Not me. 2AFH = 1Koch.

I would however take 1AFH + 1Sprint + 1IBA.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

My will is broken. I would accept a buy game in Lawrence as long as it was a nationally televised game and we received our expenses paid and 100k in pocket change. I think we got 80k plus all expenses paid to fly up to Syracuse and whip their ass.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            You're not being honest with yourself. It's a self-defense mechanism that you have installed to stop getting frustrated about the whole issue. If WSU announced a matchup with the ChicKUns next year at IBA you would have that date circled on your calendar in blood. No other opponent in the country could invoke that kind of emotional response. If we went ahead and beat them, there would be rioting in the streets... not because KWho is so superior, but because they dodged us for so long, finally caved, and we canned their arrogant asses. It would be akin to taking a bite out of the sweetest fruit. All would be well and we wouldn't have to play them for another 20 years.

T

No defense mechanism here. Yes, I'd be excited to play them. I'd be excited to play Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, UNC and others. It'd be a lot of fun, but it doesn't dictate anything about how I view them or WSU or college basketball. I honestly don't care. I want us to play the best possible schedule we can put together every year. If that had KU on it, great. If not, we're fine and I'm not going to get worked up over it one way or another. If it were on the schedule, it may be circled, but certainly not in blood. Same as if we played any of the others listed above. It is what it is and I get tired of this topic coming up every year. Especially when started by the tool that started this one.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              Yep, but wasn't it in the Sprint Center?

T

The story was AFH. We did end up playing Izzo and Company at the Palace
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                The story was AFH. We did end up playing Izzo and Company at the Palace
                                I can't believe it was at AFH. That would be even more cowardly than I remember. If that was the case, they won't even play us one-and-done in their building for any amount. Unbelievable.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X