Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Holy flip flopping posters, Batman.
    Recall my comments of the past. I have never been opposed to one and dones against top BCS schools. I was 100% for the game with Syracuse. If I was for that game, why wouldn't I be for a game with the ChicKUns? We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by playing KU. If we beat them or are even competitive against them we win. The ONLY thing that could hurt us would be to get blown out and friend... that ain't happenin'.

I hate KU so much I can taste it. I have watched Bradley, NIU and a whole host of other schools whip their ass. I want our turn. It would really mean a lot to me to watch KU go down against the Shockers. Yes, it is personal with me. Yes, I am quietly obsessed. Yes, their continued stonewalling of the Shockers has finally gotten to me.

If they will pay us a respectable sum of money to come to their building, I say we go. **** it! It's time for the Shockers and the Jayhacks to lace 'em up.

I'm not scared. I know Gregg Marshall isn't scared. I know Tekele Cotton isn't scared. I know Cleanthony Early isn't scared. I know Fred VanVleet isn't scared. Are you?

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Recall my comments of the past. I have never been opposed to one and dones against top BCS schools. I was 100% for the game with Syracuse. If I was for that game, why wouldn't I be for a game with the ChicKUns? We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by playing KU. If we beat them or are even competitive against them we win. The ONLY thing that could hurt us would be to get blown out and friend... that ain't happenin'.

I hate KU so much I can taste it. I have watched Bradley, NIU and a whole host of other schools whip their ass. I want our turn. It would really mean a lot to me to watch KU go down against the Shockers. Yes, it is personal with me. Yes, I am quietly obsessed. Yes, their continued stonewalling of the Shockers has finally gotten to me.

If they will pay us a respectable sum of money to come to their building, I say we go. **** it! It's time for the Shockers and the Jayhacks to lace 'em up.

I'm not scared. I know Gregg Marshall isn't scared. I know Tekele Cotton isn't scared. I know Cleanthony Early isn't scared. I know Fred VanVleet isn't scared. Are you?

T

I never thought I'd buckle on this issue, but I completely agree with Cold.

Take their money and cram an L down their throat.

Comment

We already have to deal with a fan base nearly completely composed of narcissistic, sociopathic, self-important delta bravos in Creighton. Do we really need to add another filled with tools cut from the same cloth?

Comment

And if they still refuse to play us, I'd like to dump gasoline on that bridge and torch it with full page ads in the KC Star and Wichita Eagle that say, "JAYHAWKS- YOU SCARED? ANY TIME, ANY PLACE. SIGNED, WU SHOCK" to drive the point home.

The national media would eat it up.

Comment

I am getting tired of seeing these ku billboards all around Wichita. If they still refuse to play us, maybe we should put a couple of black and yellow billboards up in Lawrence that simply read "66-65".

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              And if they still refuse to play us, I'd like to dump gasoline on that bridge and torch it with full page ads in the KC Star and Wichita Eagle that say, "JAYHAWKS- YOU SCARED? ANY TIME, ANY PLACE. SIGNED, WU SHOCK" to drive the point home.

I like that a lot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                I am getting tired of seeing these ku billboards all around Wichita. If they still refuse to play us, maybe we should put a couple of black and yellow billboards up in Lawrence that simply read "66-65".
                Actually, I like the idea of WSU/Alums having @GoShockers89:'s "JAYHAWKS- YOU SCARED? ANY TIME, ANY PLACE. SIGNED, WU SHOCK" on the very next billboard after every KU billboard in the City.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Actually, I like the idea of WSU/Alums having @GoShockers89's "JAYHAWKS- YOU SCARED? ANY TIME, ANY PLACE. SIGNED, WU SHOCK" on the very next billboard after every KU billboard in the City.
                  I like that idea!

Comment

It's just ****ing ridiculous that we have one of the top basketball programs in the nation 162 miles away from our arena and we can't play them because they are scared their image might get tarnished in defeat. It's probably the weakest, most ***** ass **** in the history of sports that nobody is talking about. KU is ****ing scared to play us because they could lose. It's time the Shockers march on Allen Fieldhouse and demand a game. It's time we force these ******* into a match. **** it, let's take out a full page ad in the KC Star offering THEM money to play. See how that **** goes over.

T

Comment

When I first saw the title of this thread I cringed. But after reading all these comments, damnit, I just want a chance at those arrogant birds. They may be ranked in the top 5 right now, but I would put money on our Shox no matter where they played.

Comment

I'm serious about the full page ad/billboard thing and would like to see it pressed once the season's over. Get a game scheduled or let the entire nation see that we're gold, but they're the yellow ones.

Comment

I just can't help myself. I'm not going to rant about how this topic has popped up once again. Been there, done that.

Anyway, here's my two cents - KU will never play us for one gosh damned reason; as long as they continue to go in our backyard and cherry pick our best city league and Wichita metro talent away from us, they have no reason to play us here in Wichita.

Everyone knows that KU recruits in major basketball hotbeds/meccas. They go to these places and schedule games to promote and advertise themselves. Why do they need to come to Wichita when they get recruits for free. Until we start keeping our best talent here in Wichita and away from them, they have no reason to come here.

There's more to it, but IMO that's a major reason. I guarantee you that if we landed Conner and Perry and continued to keep our Wichita talent, their minds would be changed real fast. But alas, we aren't there yet. Perhaps someday.

Comment

That's exactly why the ads are a solid idea.

If they won't even accept a one-and-done in Lawrence, you either: (1) publicly shame and embarrass them; or (2) goad them into a series. Sure, it breeds hostility, but who cares?

If anything it would give the game some flavor. And seriously, the national media would freaking love it.

Comment

They declined the game in KC because they seriously were scared.. They agreed to play Davidson there because they had never lost to Davidson prior to that game. If they ever consciously agree to play WSU ever again, it will be 1 game @Allen Field House where they feel they have the least chance of losing. And they won't pay WSU any great amount for that one game in Allen Field House either. In KU terms, that is the only way a game against WSU benefits them. If WSU went into Allen Field House and destroyed them, well, I'm not sure how KU recovers from that. It would certainly change the recruiting landscape.

Comment

Right now, this thread is not an immediate issue whatsoever. This could be our Season of destiny to make the Dance and make some noise there too. We have done great without KU, or K-State and we can do so in the future as well. Their fans want to play us too but their Programs won't let us. Thus, we have our own agenda and can punch our own ticket our own way to the Dance this very Season, 1 game at a time. This could be a Season to remember. We have our own guideposts that can lead us there, the Coach to lead us, and the players that can execute the wins that would take us to the same place that KU and K-State will be. They better just stay out of our way and hope they draw somebody else when we get there because we plan to demand the respect of our foes. If you don't believe me, just ask Creighton and VCU. Bring it!!!
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X