What are SC fans talking about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjp27
    One of the main concerns seems to be that they don't want a coach who would jump to a new job after a few years (sound familiar?)
    If you're referring to MT, he was here for 7 years. I think thats quite a long time to stay at one job before leaving.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
      One of the main concerns seems to be that they don't want a coach who would jump to a new job after a few years (sound familiar?)
      If you're referring to MT, he was here for 7 years. I think thats quite a long time to stay at one job before leaving.
      No, I was referring to the concern we had during last year's coaching search, where we were concerned about hiring a coach who would stick around here for several years. It wasn't a shot at MT. Staying in the same place for 7 years doesn't qualify as quickly jumping ship in my book.

Comment

Let's not forget that when Marshall's name came up for the WSU spot even Winthrop fans didn't think that he would leave them for little ol Wichita State. I would guess 75% of fans across the country have no idea of the caliber of our facilities, fan base and tradition. Unfortunately, it's the exact same thing with recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
          No, I was referring to the concern we had during last year's coaching search, where we were concerned about hiring a coach who would stick around here for several years. It wasn't a shot at MT. Staying in the same place for 7 years doesn't qualify as quickly jumping ship in my book.
          Ok. :good:
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

For those that missed it, newspaper columnist Seth Emerson was on the radio with Chris Allison and Randy on Saturday. Emerson said "South Carolina fans traditionally tend to have a higher opinion of the coaches they can attract". Emerson rattled off names from previous searches and stated that USC didn't get those people.

To say they are BCS arrogant is very fair.

No way does WSU take a backseat to South Carolina. Drake last won an NCAA Tournament game in 1971. South Carolina last won an NCAA Tournament game in 1973. South Carolina and WSU have the same number of NCAA appearances, all that B*S power and prestige yet they couldn't keep the X-Man in their own backyard.
            Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

South Carolina has basketball fans??

Comment

Perhaps it's just me, and I might be springboarding a little here, but another Coach USC might consider would be:

Brad Brownell of Wright State University

I mentioned his name last year after MT left and we were just in the talking stages of a new coach.

Comment

Working...
                X