Official -- Wichita State @ Missouri State predictions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Always on KWCH 12.2 Digital would be an excellent option for the Shocker games, would get to a MUCH larger audience.

This needs to get done, people can live with out their weather for 2 hours.
    That would be a good option. Is that available all over the state, or just closer to Wichita?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      That's a very good point but blowouts on the road in Valley play are not very common. And as I said, for whatever reason Valley opponents seem to save their best efforts for the Shocks. I imagine CU will draw one of its better crowds for this game also.

So far Valley home teams have won 24 games and road teams have won 11 games (which is actually a pretty good number of road wins). CU's 22 point win over MSU is the only win by more than 20. The winning margin in the other 10 road games is 8 points.

I would put the probability of a single-digit game at 60%, a win by 10 to 19 points at 30% and a win by 20+ at 10%.

With Carl back the Shocks should truly have an advantage on the inside vs MSU. It will be interesting to see if they can capitalize on that. If they do that and control MSU's perimeter game then maybe we do get a blowout win. It would be nice to see the Shocks really impose their will on the teams that will likely occupy the bottom half of the league.
      Agreed. I think they will start imposing their will not only because Carl is back physically, but I sense a real psychological lift with his return as well. Our guys were beginning to look tired and drained in the last couple of games without him. I think we have our second wind now and will start playing up to our true potential. All those minutes for the bench during the injury streak will start paying off. And when Baker is able to start practicing again, I'm not sure there's anyone who'll be able to pry that guy out of the gym and from working on his shot. With him back and close to 100% late in the season, this team could be unimaginably good. I would be naive to predict us going undefeated through the rest of Valley play (the game at ISUb is one that looks likely as a tough one to win, and the one at Omaha is not a given either), but I do not expect close games with bottom dwellers from here on out.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        That would be a good option. Is that available all over the state, or just closer to Wichita?
        95% sure it's all over the state, someone can feel free to correct me though.

Edit: After looking it is.

One thing I'm not 100% sure on is the fact of whether or not cable/satellite subscribers for either Cox, Dish/Direct TV, ATT can get 12.2.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          KS22
          It's times like these when I wish there were a dislike button.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hall vs Thurman?

Cotton vs downing?

What are the matchups in this game. I know very little about the bears this year.

EO vs Marshall?

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              95% sure it's all over the state, someone can feel free to correct me though.

Edit: After looking it is.

One thing I'm not 100% sure on is the fact of whether or not cable/satellite subscribers for either Cox, Dish/Direct TV, ATT can get 12.2.
              Unfortunately, not an ATT channel.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                Agreed. I think they will start imposing their will not only because Carl is back physically, but I sense a real psychological lift with his return as well. Our guys were beginning to look tired and drained in the last couple of games without him. I think we have our second wind now and will start playing up to our true potential. All those minutes for the bench during the injury streak will start paying off. And when Baker is able to start practicing again, I'm not sure there's anyone who'll be able to pry that guy out of the gym and from working on his shot. With him back and close to 100% late in the season, this team could be unimaginably good. I would be naive to predict us going undefeated through the rest of Valley play (the game at ISUb is one that looks likely as a tough one to win, and the one at Omaha is not a given either), but I do not expect close games with bottom dwellers from here on out.
                I think you nailed it here.

The ISUb roadie is gonna be nasty on the back end of a Sunday-Tuesday roadtrip that starts off at ISUr. Sweeping those two games is going to be TOUGH, but look out if we pull it off.

It's no exaggeration to say that this team has a chance to be the best in WSU history. The schedule is laid out perfectly for a huge stretch run with plenty of national tv games. And we are the ONLY ranked team that has enormous room for improvement between now and March given the injury situation.

This team is already special, but it can be program-changing good if things go right the next 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Unfortunately, not an ATT channel.
                  But is available on any digital tv with an antenna hooked to it. That is one nice thing.

Comment

Convince KWCH or one of the others to pony up and pay for the rights to the broadcasts and you'll get your wish. Until then, it's on 22 and will continue to be. Money talks.

As far as the game goes, Hillbilly State has no chance.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                      You may laugh but I think this game comes down to the final possession just like your last game did.

Most of the intangibles favor us. You just won your biggest game of the season. Tough to get the kids motivated taking on a middle of the pack Valley team that your kids probably have little respect for. On the other hand we are so close, but just not quite tasting that sweet taste of victory each time out. I feel kind of like we are the Baltimore Ravens after the AFC championship game last year. But we have no Ray Lewis.

We always give you a good fight in Springfield. I don't know if that is because of the rivalry or what. It is tough to quantify. The metrics will show that you will be big favorites, but there is just something out there that causes this game to be close irrespective of the talent on each squad. This feels like our Super Bowl and the crowd and fellas on the team will play like it. We just have to be better than your boys for 40 minutes or maybe 45. I wish I could clearly lay out the matchups and concisely explain why I feel this way but I cannot. It is intuition. I think Scheer shoots the crap out of the ball and we hang until the bitter end. We shall see soon enough.
                      AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! MUHAAHAHHAA BABBAHAJAJAJHAHHAHAHAHA!!! BAHAHAHAHAHH Ohhhhh. Ohhhh ohhhhhohhhohohohoh! Ahhhhh. heh let me catch my breath .... BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH MUHAHAHAHAHAA OHOHOHOHOHOHOH!!!!!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

You may laugh but I think this game comes down to the final possession just like your last game did.

Most of the intangibles favor us. You just won your biggest game of the season. Tough to get the kids motivated taking on a middle of the pack Valley team that your kids probably have little respect for. On the other hand we are so close, but just not quite tasting that sweet taste of victory each time out. I feel kind of like we are the Baltimore Ravens after the AFC championship game last year. But we have no Ray Lewis.

We always give you a good fight in Springfield. I don't know if that is because of the rivalry or what. It is tough to quantify. The metrics will show that you will be big favorites, but there is just something out there that causes this game to be close irrespective of the talent on each squad. This feels like our Super Bowl and the crowd and fellas on the team will play like it. We just have to be better than your boys for 40 minutes or maybe 45. I wish I could clearly lay out the matchups and concisely explain why I feel this way but I cannot. It is intuition. I think Scheer shoots the crap out of the ball and we hang until the bitter end. We shall see soon enough.
                        I didn't laugh ...............I rolled my eyes. You are the eternal optimist but I have news for you. MSU does not match up with WSU in any area - tangible or intangible.

The Shox are going to be very confident having just beaten the #10 ranked team in the Nation. The loss to EU will keep them focused.

The Bares just lost on another buzzer beater to a lower division team. I'm sure their confidence will be at an all time high :sorrow:

Bares Center - Christian Kirk 6'7" (SO) (is a forward who is playing center) will be steam rolled by EO and CH on offense and get his shot blocked numerous times. I'll predict that EO has a big game. Moshock to Lusk - Please put Bruce (the toothpick)Marshall (FR) in. Please!!!

Bares Forwards:
                        Thurman (FR) & Wilson (FR) are good athletes but can't keep up with Early. I feel bad for Pickens (JR). That young man could have been a difference maker if it wasn't for his knee problems.

Bares Guards\Forwards:
                        I can't imagine what you see in Scheer (JR). The guy had a decent Freshman year when the spotlight wasn't on him. Since then, Captain Caveman has pretty much been a head case. Simpson (FR)- he'll only see mop up. I think I read that he attended the same school as Derail Green.

Bare Guards:
                        Downing (SR) has never been guarded like Cotton is going to guard him.
                        Marshall (FR) is a nice player but can't carry Armstead's jock right now.
                        Dorrian Williams (RS FR)is another nice player but like almost all of the SMS players - needs to mature

And let's don't forget the Coaching

I think your intuition is actually indigestion.

I pretty much see a game similar to last season where the Shox never blew them out but always had the game in control. Unless a lot of Shocker Fans come over, I predict a crowd of around 4000 and most of them gone by the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half. Most people in this town do not care about SMS.

Comment

Like Bill Parcels once said, "you are what your record says you are". In your case, you're a team which has proven you can't beat teams with winning records.

Of course this is going to be your Super Bowl, because the first Super Bowl opportunity you had at home against a ranked team, (Creighton smoked you by 22 points). If at first you don't succeed, then go ahead and make another team your Super Bowl opponent. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Convince KWCH or one of the others to pony up and pay for the rights to the broadcasts and you'll get your wish. Until then, it's on 22 and will continue to be. Money talks.

As far as the game goes, Hillbilly State has no chance.
                            Since Cox is a cable company and KWCH is a television station, I'm sure one has an advantage over the other. The problem is WSU taking the money and running without thinking about the actual cons of this decision. Yah, WSU gets more money. But is that all they care about? What about ripping off thousands of Shocker fans to see their team play? What about limiting the television coverage to a select few? What about stunting a television audience in one of the greatest times in WSU basketball history where a fanbase should be collecting tons of bandwagoners and growing the base?

It's a lame move. And it's ENTIRELY on WSU.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Since Cox is a cable company and KWCH is a television station, I'm sure one has an advantage over the other. The problem is WSU taking the money and running without thinking about the actual cons of this decision. Yah, WSU gets more money. But is that all they care about? What about ripping off thousands of Shocker fans to see their team play? What about limiting the television coverage to a select few? What about stunting a television audience in one of the greatest times in WSU basketball history where a fanbase should be collecting tons of bandwagoners and growing the base?

It's a lame move. And it's ENTIRELY on WSU.
                              What if nobody else is even making a competitive offer? It may not be a case of Cox offers more. It could be that nobody else is offering anything competitive. And then WSU can argue that KS22 reaches more households than just going on CH12. CH12 I believe limits it to mostly the metro area whereas KS22 is available throughout the entire state. And I believe that's what WSU has talked about in the past. I believe KS22 games are even available in OK and AR, or at least were in the past. I'm not going to say KS22 is the best avenue, but if any of the local stations aren't making a competitive offer of any kind, I can't fault WSU for staying with Cox
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

They should find a way to get them broadcast on both.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X