Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
    Your logic sucks.

A team is as good as the sum of its parts. Thoeretically, say we are currently at 9 players at 100%, 1 at 80% (Carl Hall), and 1 at 0% (Ron Baker). Evan Wessel is done for the year and excluded from the equation.

We therefore stand to gain a significant amount from CH returning to 100% and RB returning at whatever he comes back at. I know we have guys like Jake, Tekele and CJ battling through various problems, but that is more of typical of every team and not worth parsing for simplicity's sake.

Compare that to teams missing 0 starters, where each major contributor is more or less at 100% (not coming off surgery or currently out). Just "wanting" to get better applies to every team, but having reason to believe you'll get better is completely different. Our injury situation puts us in the latter category.
    Bingo.

KC, how many other teams have had to deal with the loss of 3 starters all at once?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Your logic sucks.

A team is as good as the sum of its parts. Thoeretically, say we are currently at 9 players at 100%, 1 at 80% (Carl Hall), and 1 at 0% (Ron Baker). Evan Wessel is done for the year and excluded from the equation.

We therefore stand to gain a significant amount from CH returning to 100% and RB returning at whatever he comes back at. I know we have guys like Jake, Tekele and CJ battling through various problems, but that is more of typical of every team and not worth parsing for simplicity's sake.

Compare that to teams missing 0 starters, where each major contributor is more or less at 100% (not coming off surgery or currently out). Just "wanting" to get better applies to every team, but having reason to believe you'll get better is completely different. Our injury situation puts us in the latter category.
      Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      We can still get better, but so can everyone else - so doesn't that make the situation a wash?
      You are giving too much detail for KC to comprehend. He can only concentrate on one or two details at the same time. Start over and keep it very simple.

Comment

We also have 3 jucos playing their first year of D-1. Not very many teams have that many new juco players. We can hope for them to continue improvements.
        In the fast lane

Comment

I'm thinking of those 9, there's still probably 2-3 not quite at 100%, EO, Cottton, maybe Lufile. I'd put EO at around 85-90% and Cotton at maybe 95+%. I'm not sure if Lufile is at 100% all the time because his back sometimes acts up. And I guess we could throw in White when he has the back spasms.

Comment

Your logic sucks.

How bout our coach!!!
            17-2, 6-1, #21, #20... Can I get a hell ya?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Bingo.

KC, how many other teams have had to deal with the loss of 3 starters all at once?
              And continued winning in spite of it. It's actually stunning really.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                How bout our coach!!!
                17-2, 6-1, #21, #20... Can I get a hell ya?!?!
                Hell ya!
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

EO is still improving and gaining confidence and may have the highest ceiling on the team. Even tho he didn't play well against Greg "Etch a Sketch" this past Saturday, I think even this minor setback is just one of the many development components for the evolution of his game. This team has such a high ceiling it is scary.

My oldest son said he believes a non-bcs conference school will win it all this year. Why not us?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    We can still get better, but so can everyone else - so doesn't that make the situation a wash?
                    The difference is that WSU (a) is doing it already -- they're more experienced overall and especially together than they were at the beginning, and (b) has room for further improvement by getting people healthy and back playing together. Not all teams are currently getting better, or significantly more experienced as a unit -- some were already veteran groups -- or have upside in terms of their health.

So, no, it isn't a wash -- that's weak even by gloomster standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
                      My oldest son said he believes a non-bcs conference school will win it all this year. Why not us?
                      Totally agree. There are a lot of scary-good non-BCS teams this year--Gonzaga, Butler, practically everybody in the Mountain West, us and Creighton, VCU, to name a few.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                      X