Fouls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouls

Just curious as to whether there is data regarding the number of fouls called on home teams vs fouls called on visiting teams; both on the national level and also in the Valley.

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Just curious as to whether there is data regarding the number of fouls called on home teams vs fouls called on visiting teams; both on the national level and also in the Valley.
    goto statsheet.com. they have referee stats.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?q=real+...w=1024&bih=644
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Here is a link to an interesting study from a couple of years back which looked at score, home-away, and number of fouls per team plus maybe a couple of other variables: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/sp...refs.html?_r=0

A highlight from the article:
        It found that referees called fouls on visiting teams at a probability of 7 percent higher than on home teams; that there was a 69 percent chance the visitors would be whistled for the next foul if the home team had five or more fouls than the visiting team; and that when the home team led, its chances of being whistled for the next foul were about 6.3 percent higher than when it trailed.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
        X