Where we stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RomeoCrennel's Belly View Post
    While it's nice Katz & Bilas give us some love, the committee will not. It's the same thing year after year with mid-majors or non-BCS teams. They're well thought of by the pundits but the committee does not think anything close to the same. I think we can afford 3-4 more conferences losses (that's including Arch Madness). They have left out plenty of well-deserving teams like us in the past with records like 25-6 or what not.
    I haven't looked at this year's committee, but in the years I have, there were more from non-BCS leagues. If you claim a BCS-league bias on the committee you have to lay a proportion of the blame on those representing schools and leagues like our own. I'm not saying there isn't a bias, just that it isn't because BCS reps rule the selection committee.

Comment

Always a good observation, RDR.

Marshall's WSU teams have been very efficient on offense. It's how we can win games like the one at AFA and be right there in games like UE. I don't think this year's team is as efficient as last year's, but the better defense, toughness and never-give-up attitude has helped offset it.

Comment

Working...
      X