Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Kansas teams ranked in the Top 25

#6 Kansas, #18 Kansas State, #23 Wichita State

That's pretty cool no matter who you root for. What other schools/states have done this recently?

California, Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, Georgia.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
      #6 Kansas, #18 Kansas State, #23 Wichita State

That's pretty cool no matter who you root for. What other schools/states have done this recently?
      Not to be a smart ass, but last week and this week: #5 Indiana, #14 Butler, and #17 Notre Dame. I think they are all in the state of Indiana.

Comment

I think his point may be - all of the D-1 schools in the state. Not too many other states can say that

Comment

I know in our case all of our D-1 schools are ranked. Did any of those other schools have D-1 schools not ranked?

Edit: You just beat me.

Comment

Kansas is one of the few, if not the only, states where all their D1 schools are high-major programs (yes, I'm including K-State). So it really isn't that big of an accomplishment.

Comment

Indiana currently has three in the Top 25, Indiana, Butler and Notre Dame. Who'd win, their three our our three in head-to-head?

Comment

Our three hands down. KU runs the tables, we run the tables, KState loses it Indiana and Butler
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I think it's great to point this out. North Carolina the last time I checked has 18 D-1 basketball schools. They have only two ranked teams in the top 25. #1 Duke and #20 NC State who BTW are going to battle it out this Saturday.

Comment

Indiana has 10 D-1 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
                      #6 Taliban U, #18 Kansas State, #23 Wichita State That's pretty cool no matter who you root for. What other schools/states have done this recently?

Comment

I see what you did there, you are so funny!
                        I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Once in 49 years not much of an accomplishment ?

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Kansas is one of the few, if not the only, states where all their D1 schools are high-major programs (yes, I'm including K-State). So it really isn't that big of an accomplishment.
                          It's odd that you say that we have 3 high-major teams when it is common knowledge that Wichita State is considered a mid-major. It's actually KU and K-State that are considered high majors. I'm my mind Wichita State is not mid-major when it comes to basketball however.

Comment

Dang ! They could have a league within their own state! Problem is, it would cost a mint for the fans to go to games about every night of the week. They would save alot on travel expences for sure. The home crowd advantage would be kinda lousy for the teams however.

Comment

How many states actually have a number that is attainable to have all the D-1 schools ranked? Kansas might be one of the few. New Mexico or Utah might be other options. The Dakotas couldn't have more than one or two each. Wyoming probably only has one. I don't think that it is even possible for California to have all of theirs because they surely have more than 25.

How many D-1 schools does Missouri have?

Comment

Working...
                              X