Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT'S LIKE MAGIC, ONLY REAL

With apologies to Bud Light.

I'm not superstitious but....when our guys are shooting free throws at key moments in the game, I watch the video board rather than the floor.

What do you do to help the Shocks win?

Or, this could be named "It's only weird if it doesn't work".
    Last edited by wusphlash; January 19, 2013, 12:22 PM.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

I close my eyes and wait to hear the roar of the crowd to know the FT was good.

Comment

Rapidly flex my left butt cheek while holding my head slightly to the right, puffing my cheeks while holding the lobe of my left ear with my right arm. However, if I can lick my elbow and dry if off on my ear, I don't have to do anything at all.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I always find myself wondering if it would be a little easier on the shooter if the crowd made a little noise instead of being dead silent(except for the one opposing fan yelling MISS!). Maybe even the same clap we do when we start each half?
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I can't wear hats to games or else we'll lose.

Comment

The best way for our players to make free throws is to make sure Mike Kennedy or Dave Dahl don't mention how many free throws they've made in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
              I always find myself wondering if it would be a little easier on the shooter if the crowd made a little noise instead of being dead silent(except for the one opposing fan yelling MISS!). Maybe even the same clap we do when we start each half?
              In HS I made sure my fellow students knew not to be completely silent. I always felt more comfortable with a little noise. Not sure if that's normal or not though
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

There's an art to shooting free throws. Your routine should start as soon as you get fouled. The only thought should be make him pay for the foul. Your routine is the same every time. Your teammates should leave you alone to complete your routine and put points on the board. Practice it enough and you don't hear if the crowd is silent or roaring like jet a engine. Free throws will win games for you and also make a majority of the fans hold there breath like I do.
                When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

This thread isn't just about helping with free throws. What do you do to help them win games? What superstitions do yo have?
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I have to wear the same clothes for every game- all the way down to socks and boxers.

Also, I can't watch a game at home. The only two games I watched at home last year were our losses to CU and Drake. It's all my fault. Sorry.
                    Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Nachos

Comment

It's all about you, and the back or the front of the rim, which ever you focus on.

I was always a back of the rim shooter. I guess most people are front of the rim shooters but I always liked the back.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I slaughter the fattened calf before each game.

Too much? Then you are not a true fan and can't come over for BBQ before each game.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            I slaughter the fattened calf before each game.

Too much? Then you are not a true fan and can't come over for BBQ before each game.
                            Its got to smell better than goat. Back in the day when the US of A was training Iranians to fly f-14's they were trained at Pensacola NAS and at the end of the day several would congregate at one of their BOQ's and cook goat. I don't know if they put the damn thing over the coals with hair still on it or what but it would clear the quad in a hurry.

Comment

I made some squirrel gumbo and my roommate took some of the leftover squirrel meat and mixed it with some peas and that really stank the apartment up. I had to leave, it was one of the worst smells

Comment

Working...
                              X