Hinson the Entertainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinson the Entertainer

I heard Coach Hinson had very entertaining remarks after the game. Anyone have a link to that? I always liked Barry at MSU.

One of his remarks was "we are going to stop at the WPD on our way out of town and report several assaults" in reference to what he thought were some fouls that were not called.

Comment

Oh really, he thinks they got the screw job, he must not have been at the same game, But, such is Basketball.

Comment

I have no problem with anything Barry Hinson would say, he's earned the respect.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          One of his remarks was "we are going to stop at the WPD on our way out of town and report several assaults" in reference to what he thought were some fouls that were not called.
          They should stop staying at hotels on S Broadway.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            They should stop staying at hotels on S Broadway.
            Old habits are hard to break. That's where the SMS teams stayed based on recommedations by the Baldknobbers.

Comment

i wasn't entertained when he said "too bad early (and mcdermott) will be gone next year (to the nba)."

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                i wasn't entertained when he said "too bad early (and mcdermott) will be gone next year (to the nba)."
                But he does know talent. Hopefully Barry will be around the Valley for a long time. He can coach and he knows how to win. He just can't seem to get into the dance even with a great RPI.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Barry own the highest RPI (#21) to ever be left out of the tournament?

And the reward for being repeatedly looked over by the selection committee was an Athletic Director that paid him embarrassingly less than market value, and then canned him? All Barry has done is win the right way, with good kids, and been a great advocate for the Valley.

He wouldn't be my choice to replace Marshall, but he'd be my first choice to replace Doug Elgin.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

I didn't catch everything he said but caught some kind of comment in passing about his STAR player and that he was late to practice and was lazy and didn't play hard and Hinson told him that if he didn't change there was a bus ticket with his name on it. He also said that even after his great showing in our game he was still not out of the doghouse.

Comment

Respect Barry a ton and love that he is back in the Valley ... pretty entertaining game I saw Wed. night at Koch Arena, wouldnt mind having a few more like that.
                      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

He is a truly great man. I think he will eventually fail in Carbondale much like he did in Springfield but he is the type that you always root for.

He also said recently that when he's done coaching he'd love to move back to Springfield. So I think that speaks to a number of things. Good man.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                          He also said recently that when he's done coaching he'd love to move back to Springfield. So I think that speaks to a number of things.
                          One of which is his lack of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            I heard that too but I think he was wishfully making that comment because he doesn't want to face them another year. I really think it was tongue in cheek.

Comment

Hinson is the only opposing Valley coach I have ever rooted for. He had unbelievable success when at SWoMO on a shoe string budget and still got screwed by his AD and the NCAA selection committee. Always a class act who has done things the right way. I hope he succeeds at SIU or wherever he might land to follow that place. The Baldknobbers screwed the pooch when they gave him the toeless boot. Good luck coach Hinson! Cheering for you against everyone but the Shox!

Plus he is always a great interview.

Comment

Working...
                              X