X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Party!

According to @The Mad Hatter: in this thread:

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
    The record for total blocks was recently set with the 2010-11 team with a mark of 144. Last year's team tied for second in total blocks with 130. Given varying season lengths, blocks per game may be a better measure. On that basis, both 2010-11 and 2011-12 are tied for second along with 1981-82 at 3.9 blocks per game. First place belongs to the 1979-80 squad with 4.5 blocks per game.
    This squad is currently averaging: 4.47 blocks per game (statsheet has it rounded to 4.5)

Total blocks on the season so far: 67

We have played 15 games so far with 15 conference games left + 1 bracketbuster game + post season. It's a bit early to tell but it seems to me the record total of 144 in a season, and the per game average record of 4.5 are both in jeopardy.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Thats a good record to be in jeopardy. Are you and the old guy going to St Louis this year?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Thats a good record to be in jeopardy. Are you and the old guy going to St Louis this year?
      A very good question. I better get on figuring that out right away.

Comment

Actually, we were averaging around 5 blocks per game with Carl Hall healthy. I think we'll return to around that number and fairly easily break both the BPG record and the total blocks record. The real question will be whether EO or Hall can get enough to break the single season individual record (EO is number 9 nationally in block percentage while Carl Hall is around 70th).

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Yes, I will be there . . .:witless:
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
            Actually, we were averaging around 5 blocks per game with Carl Hall healthy. I think we'll return to around that number and fairly easily break both the BPG record and the total blocks record. The real question will be whether EO or Hall can get enough to break the single season individual record (EO is number 9 nationally in block percentage while Carl Hall is around 70th).
            I noticed that Carl Hall was getting a ton of blocks too. That'd be pretty sweet if EO could pull it off. I'm not seeing how Hall could do it with so many missed games.

Any way this shakes out, it's gonna be fun watching this.

Comment

When Hall returns, a lineup of EO, Hall & Early at the 5,4,3 would be devastating. Add in Cotton and Armstead or Williams, the defense would be awesome.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                When Hall returns, a lineup of EO, Hall & Early at the 5,4,3 would be devastating. Add in Cotton and Armstead or Williams, the defense would be awesome.
                I'm actually more nervous about Carl's ability to block shots than anything else. You just had pins in your thumb, doesn't that give you that split second pause before you go up and try to smack a ball as hard as you can with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  I'm actually more nervous about Carl's ability to block shots than anything else. You just had pins in your thumb, doesn't that give you that split second pause before you go up and try to smack a ball as hard as you can with it?
                  Maybe this will encourage him to just deflect it and then go get it. EO seems to be doing this more and more.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The defensive show was impressive. I really wonder how many more shots were altered or skipped due to the aggressiveness down low.

I think CH will adjust fine and thw record will fall.

Comment

Working...
                    X