WSU vs. Drake game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 110% View Post
    how the hell do you keep from getting kicked out from being able to submit a response? By the time I get somethin typed up and submit it tells me I am not logged in...any advise for this somewhat computer handicapped guy?
    I've been there 110%. https://shockernet.net/forum/showthr...7-Auto-Log-Out
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
      Or a back spasm
      Jake said in the paper today that the Drake player fell on his thigh at the exact spot where he had an existing thight bruise and he just couldn't continue, but that we would be ready to go at Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
        Or a back spasm
        Haha fair enough. That was only for a game though and his next game might have been his best of the year so far. I could do without all the missed threes but his toughness has got to be helping this team. Constant rebounding and willingness to take charges.

Comment

• rrshock
          I watched the replay early this morning on espn3.

Comment

• In other news, I can't wait for the Bradley prediction thread so we can see who will doubt the shockers this week. I'm almost tempted to go back through and make a shocker doubters thread using all the losing predictions that have been proven wrong :)

Comment

• Originally posted by 110% View Post
              I have a question. I have not read this entire thread and I work too much and dont get to see as many games as I would like but I follow the Shocks closely and Shockernet even closer but does anyone else ever feel like we are living on borrowed time? With all the injuries I keep expecting us to fall but we dont...are we really this good? Not trying to be negative just want the opinion of all who have more time than I do to evaluate this team. Also does anyone anticipate any issues when we are back to full strength as far as team chemistry or having to get to somewhat know each other again? Keep it rollin Shocks!...Lastly I am a slow typer...how the hell do you keep from getting kicked out from being able to submit a response? By the time I get somethin typed up and submit it tells me I am not logged in...any advise for this somewhat computer handicapped guy?
              Nope. We all knew this team's depth would be one of its strengths this season. There have been some growing pains here and there, but that was to be expected. We will only get even better. Evan will most likely get the redshirt he should have taken last year, and having him around another year is a tremendous advantage. With the minutes Early and Wiggins are getting right now (in addition to Lufile), and with Coleby in the line up and a year under FVV's belt--can you imagine how good this team will be next year? There could very well be a single digit ranking in store for us at some point next year.

As far as chemistry, I think the injury situation has built chemistry within the team faster than it would have developed otherwise. "Bench" guys knew their role early in the season, and they know their role now--keep the ship afloat until Hall and Baker get back. The guys are building confidence and trust amongst each other very quickly. The injury situation has all the make up of a blessing in disguise.

I get kicked out frequently as well, I feel your pain. It's not that I'm a slow typer, I'm just a slow thinker. :)
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I find the best thing to do when I get kicked out is to copy what I just typed, refresh the screen, log back in and simply paste. Better than retyping or even remembering which are both sometimes hard.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• The surprising thing about this team is that we didn't have MORE growing pains early. 13-1 is better than I expected to start.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Drake game report from the Des Moines Register

Drake sent a trio of boys out to battle a group of men Wednesday, and the results were predictable.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      In other news, I can't wait for the Bradley prediction thread so we can see who will doubt the shockers this week. I'm almost tempted to go back through and make a shocker doubters thread using all the losing predictions that have been proven wrong :)
                      Well, they do have to win on the road twice in a row to take another step proving themselves. :)

Comment

• 17 pages for a Drake game? We are insane...and I love it!
                        "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          Well, they do have to win on the road twice in a row to take another step proving themselves. :)
                          The conference season is a long, tough grind. 2 down, 16 to go. What you have to really like is the mental and physcial toughness of this team. As long as we can consistently stay focused on the next step in front of us we should be fine, although I have to admit that I hold my breath everytime one of the Shocks takes a hard spill.

Comment

• Originally posted by krcam View Post
                            rrshock
                            I watched the replay early this morning on espn3.
                            Thank you. I will try that.

Comment

• To me, what has been evident in the first two MVC games is that the Shocks bring far superior athleticism across the board to the court than most MVC teams. There may be a few skilled players sidelined right now due to the injuries, but the athleticism is still there with the guys who are getting the minutes right now. Scoring is down just a little (maybe), but the athletes go play defense, rebound, and dig for loose balls just as hard. Other teams can't match that. The Shocks team quickness and BBIQ is very high as well.

IllSt and sCUm have some athletes, although not at all positions, like the Shocks. I don't know about InSt. The rest of the league can't match it and the success should continue. There will be games where the Shocks get out-skilled, but never out-hustled.

--'85.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                                17 pages for a Drake game? We are insane...and I love it!
                                Yes we are!

Comment

Working...
                                X