No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Drake game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't say that I have ever seen a team "work" as hard as this bunch; they are a fun group to watch.

Comment

• FVV needs to learn not to carry/palm the ball. He's getting that called against him at least once a game. Isn't that a new rule the NCAA is enforcing this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        FVV needs to learn not to carry/palm the ball. He's getting that called against him at least once a game. Isn't that a new rule the NCAA is enforcing this year?
        Yes, I do believe that they are trying to emphasize that this year.

Comment

• The group we have left is impressing the Coach. Marshall on the 3 injured starters after win over Drake: "They might be former starters"
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by 110% View Post
            I have a question. I have not read this entire thread and I work too much and dont get to see as many games as I would like but I follow the Shocks closely and Shockernet even closer but does anyone else ever feel like we are living on borrowed time? With all the injuries I keep expecting us to fall but we dont...are we really this good? Not trying to be negative just want the opinion of all who have more time than I do to evaluate this team. Also does anyone anticipate any issues when we are back to full strength as far as team chemistry or having to get to somewhat know each other again? Keep it rollin Shocks!...Lastly I am a slow typer...how the hell do you keep from getting kicked out from being able to submit a response? By the time I get somethin typed up and submit it tells me I am not logged in...any advise for this somewhat computer handicapped guy?
            We had excellent depth to start he season, we lost some of the but we still have really good players. We have an excellent coaching staff that have spent countless hours on recruiting to get the mix we have now. We are not living on borrowed time, we are living on the time and effort of HCGM, his staff, and the players and their commitment to the game and the program. I don't see any problems reintegrating the returning players once they return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
              Tekele Cotton is filling in as the BEAST while Carl is out. 10 points-7 rebounds and 4 STEALS. That's a heck of a game.
              Also playing on one leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                D-Will has stepped and is bringing it. I love his game. I'm happy for him. He deserves the PT. I did think he was forcing a bit too much tonight though. He was wicked with his assists. Most of his shots were solid. He did miss a few bunnies and easy ones. Wish he shot better from the line as well. If it wasn't for him and Jake, we would have shot easily over 50% tonight. Stay under control DW and don't try to be hero too much.
                Actually if you subtracted only Jake's shooting and leave DWill's in, we would have been over 50% both from 2 pt and 3 pt range.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Seriously...on a team full of potential fan favorites, how does Tekele NOT top the list?Works hard every minute,plays lock down defense, mumbles none about his role...and none of this is to denigrate any of the other kids...

Comment

• my favorite

Comment

• TC gets the rebounds from taller guys and makes plays against bigger athletes. No one has a bigger heart than he does and thats what his game is all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        Seriously...on a team full of potential fan favorites, how does Tekele NOT top the list?Works hard every minute,plays lock down defense, mumbles none about his role...and none of this is to denigrate any of the other kids...
                        Copy that. I was surprised at Tekeles lack of minutes to start the year. After seeing his play last year I expected him to have a big sophomore year. It looks like he's on his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          Jake is gonna be okay. If there is one thing he is, it's tough. It would take a broken bone to keep him down
                          Or a back spasm

Comment

• Defense, teamwork, coaching and talent is what we're living on. With Carl out, we're forced to play harder and smarter. Everyone across the board has to step up their effort, and they're responding.

Comment

• This team is scary deep. How can we lose 3 starters, have about the rest of the team injured, and still be schooling teams? Marshall is one heckuva recruiter and his staff is outstanding. Most would have just thrown in the cards and not expected anything with this situation that the shox are in. But not these guys. The experience that they are getting is priceless. The depth that WSU has is outstanding. The MVC is playing against a team of walking wounded and still losing. A healthy WSU team at the end will be able to make noise and everyone will hear it. Not just the Valley.

I'm still upset I couldn't see this game or any of the others except for the UNI game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 110% View Post
                                I have a question. I have not read this entire thread and I work too much and dont get to see as many games as I would like but I follow the Shocks closely and Shockernet even closer but does anyone else ever feel like we are living on borrowed time? With all the injuries I keep expecting us to fall but we dont...are we really this good? Not trying to be negative just want the opinion of all who have more time than I do to evaluate this team. Also does anyone anticipate any issues when we are back to full strength as far as team chemistry or having to get to somewhat know each other again? Keep it rollin Shocks!...Lastly I am a slow typer...how the hell do you keep from getting kicked out from being able to submit a response? By the time I get somethin typed up and submit it tells me I am not logged in...any advise for this somewhat computer handicapped guy?
                                They're that good and it's not borrowed time. They also seem to be in "wounded bear" mode. Pre-season, most thought Wessel would be the end of the bench. He beat out top-10 JuCo player for a starting spot. DWill is a 4th-year Sr. He lost his starting spot to a Fr. A 2-time national JuCo PoY couldn't crack the starting lineup.

Then there's Cotton, who defies description. Could someone check his birth certificate? Are we sure he's not 32? Some guys come to play. Cotton goes to work.

As to meshing the returning guys back into the rotation and possible chemistry issues?? Hall will get the minutes going to White and most of the minutes going to Lufile. That should be seamless. I don't think Wessel will make it back this year. When Baker is able to play, he won't be in game shape and he won't have worked on his shot at game speed, so I expect he will be pretty far down the depth chart - maybe for the rest of the year. There was very little separating the starters from the subs. Missing 6+ weeks is a huge factor when a team is this balanced and deep in talent.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X