No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Drake game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, it wasn't halftime. 2,692 I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Thing is ... DWill was freaking awesome too. So many studs to choose from.
      Good things happen when DW is on the court.

HCGM's confidence in DW was on full display when JW picked up his 4th and instead replacing with CJ, in came Mr. Will.

Between the steals, leading the breaks and the constant threat to drive the lane that opens up so many options for others.

Wow.

DW has really amped up his game when this team has needed SR leadership the most.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        I know Coach says he makes them in practice, and he is open on many of those threes.

But if he's that open, he has time to set himself. He looks so anxious to get the shot up, you know when he's going to fire one up before he even catches the ball.

I love the kid's effort, but it's almost like his effort is turning into unneeded desperation on both sides of the floor.
        Needs to take the pressure off himself with the 3 pt shot. When he goes into the game, he comes right out shooting 3s. Continue to do the things he is doing well. He's got 13 rebounds in 39 minutes over the last 2 games. Keep scraping for those loose balls. Get to the line more often...he's shooting about 75% FT.

Interesting stat: Jake's only 2-18 from the 3 so far. However, he is 11-18 inside the arc. Maybe getting an easy short jumper or layup to break the ice before heading to the outside. The last 2 games he's 1-9 from 3, but taken only 2 shots inside the arc. At Tennessee, he had a nice line of 2-6 FG%, 1-3 from 3, and 2-2 FT for 7 points. For a sophmore off the bench, I'd take that line plus 5 rebounds, and his scrappyness in less than 20 minutes of PT.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No, it wasn't halftime. 2,692 I believe.
          This high school gym is pathetic.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Lutz is right, Drake needs to go.

Comment

Why do they play actual games in their practice gym? :indecisiveness:

Comment

• Drake has really gone backwards. I remember the days when they played their home games in a 12,000+ seat arena.
                Last edited by shocker3; January 2, 2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                  Even better! As a team we were still 12-25 from behind the arc which is fantastic.
                  Take away Williams and White's 3-pt shooting, which was a combined 0-8, and we were 12-17 from behind the arc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    I switched over to check it out. Boy, HCGM would NOT be happy with that crowd. 1 Pt game against a ranked team, and you would have thought it was a library.
                    I was surprised by that too. I was switching over to that game during each commercial break of our game. They were all wearing red but they were as quiet as church mice.

Comment

• I have a question. I have not read this entire thread and I work too much and dont get to see as many games as I would like but I follow the Shocks closely and Shockernet even closer but does anyone else ever feel like we are living on borrowed time? With all the injuries I keep expecting us to fall but we dont...are we really this good? Not trying to be negative just want the opinion of all who have more time than I do to evaluate this team. Also does anyone anticipate any issues when we are back to full strength as far as team chemistry or having to get to somewhat know each other again? Keep it rollin Shocks!...Lastly I am a slow typer...how the hell do you keep from getting kicked out from being able to submit a response? By the time I get somethin typed up and submit it tells me I am not logged in...any advise for this somewhat computer handicapped guy?

Comment

And you wonder why WSU and its fans want out of this conference with scenes like that...
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                          Good things happen when DW is on the court.

HCGM's confidence in DW was on full display when JW picked up his 4th and instead replacing with CJ, in came Mr. Will.

Between the steals, leading the breaks and the constant threat to drive the lane that opens up so many options for others.

Wow.

DW has really amped up his game when this team has needed SR leadership the most.
                          D-Will has stepped and is bringing it. I love his game. I'm happy for him. He deserves the PT. I did think he was forcing a bit too much tonight though. He was wicked with his assists. Most of his shots were solid. He did miss a few bunnies and easy ones. Wish he shot better from the line as well. If it wasn't for him and Jake, we would have shot easily over 50% tonight. Stay under control DW and don't try to be hero too much.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                            I was surprised by that too. I was switching over to that game during each commercial break of our game. They were all wearing red but they were as quiet as church mice.
                            Saw that game also. Morgue-like. Very surprising for that close and meaningful of a game for Illinois State.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cotton is great when he drives to the basket, as shown tonight. He is not a perimeter shooter and he has done better and not going for those. Keep busting your ass like that Tekele and you're gonna move up a few spots in the rotation.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Cotton is great when he drives to the basket, as shown tonight. He is not a perimeter shooter and he has done better and not going for those. Keep busting your ass like that Tekele and you're gonna move up a few spots in the rotation.
                                As the Shocker leader in minutes tonight with 35, he may have already done that.

Comment

Working...
                                X