Doug Elgin interview on MVC Hoops Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Elgin interview on MVC Hoops Show

Because the show is on so early in Wichita, I suspect many people were unable to listen. We had Doug Elgin on in the second segment to discuss the season so far, conference realignment and other MVC topics. I thought he offered some interesting information about the league doing research on possible additions.

If you have not listened, the audio is posted on the blog.
    Link: http://www.mvchoopsshow.blogspot.com
    Last edited by mvc hoops show; January 2, 2013, 04:20 PM.
    blog: http://www.mvchoopsshow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by mvc hoops show View Post
    Because the show is on so early in Wichita, I suspect many people were unable to listen.
    Nah, it's just not that interesting...
    "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Should have taken the advice above, but instead went to listen. Now, I'm not the smartest cat, but can't find the show on the referenced site.

Comment

There's no sense in listening to much of anything that DBC is a part of. If he weren't involved with the show, I may give it a shot.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

DBC?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            DBC?
            Douche Bag Chris
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              Should have taken the advice above, but instead went to listen. Now, I'm not the smartest cat, but can't find the show on the referenced site.
              I fixed the link. The audio file is located just below the sentence "follow us on twitter..." I just noticed on my iPhone, the player menu doesn't show up- I am unsure if the same occurs on other mobile devices. Might have to use a computer.

Comment

I fixed the link. The audio file is located just below the sentence "follow us on twitter..."
                ...which is next to the link for creightonhomer.com
                "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

Comment

I know the guys are CU homers, but honestly if you didn't know it, you wouldn't know it (at least not on that show). You can hardly complain about the guests. Wessler was really interesting, especially as a non-Bradley fan.

It's a shade too much of "The Valley of Even" for my taste, but they're the ones sticking their necks out.

And the other guy (not Chris), please stop with the Greg McDermott "Wichita" reference. It's Wichita State.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I know the guys are CU homers, but honestly if you didn't know it, you wouldn't know it (at least not on that show). You can hardly complain about the guests. Wessler was really interesting, especially as a non-Bradley fan.

It's a shade too much of "The Valley of Even" for my taste, but they're the ones sticking their necks out.

And the other guy (not Chris), please stop with the Greg McDermott "Wichita" reference. It's Wichita State.
                    meh...no thanks.

Comment

There was quite a bit of Wichita State discussion on the show today. Here is a link to the full podcast. Http://www.mvchoopsshow.blogspot.com

Comment

There was quite a bit of Wichita State discussion on the show today. Here is a link to the full podcast. Http://www.mvchoopsshow.blogspot.com
                        Mark Adams sure had his MVC pom-poms!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Mark Adams sure had his MVC pom-poms!
                          He sure did. He even said as a kid his dream was to be a TV announcer for the Valley. He grew up in Cincy when they were in the Valley. So the only TV basketball games he saw were Valley basketball games at a time when the Valley was one of the best, if not THE best basketball conference in the country. It definitely had a lot of influence on him as it did me too.

Comment

I can remember watching WSU play against teams like Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis and even some great Drake teams as a kid. Those are some great memories. They were all national powers playing each other. Recruits came to WSU because they wanted to play in the Missouri Valley. It is too bad this conference has fallen so far.

Comment

I fixed the link. The audio file is located just below the sentence "follow us on twitter..." I just noticed on my iPhone, the player menu doesn't show up- I am unsure if the same occurs on other mobile devices. Might have to use a computer.
                              It does not show up on my phone. I like to listen while I am driving so I will not be able to use a computer. Can you not just put another link below the player with the file like you did for the preview show? That link worked just fine and seems like an easy fix.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X