URGENT! WSU vs Northern Iowa GAME TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could be.

Fact is most of the Wichita State fans that are diehards became so early on. Most of the younger generation are KU fans due to ESPN, etc. it's time to do something to re-energize the younger base. What that is, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      Wish I could be.

Fact is most of the Wichita State fans that are diehards became so early on. Most of the younger generation are KU fans due to ESPN, etc. it's time to do something to re-energize the younger base. What that is, I don't know.
      A run to the Final Four would do quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        Wish I could be.

You're right on a number of things. I know growing up, I was pretty much the only Shocker fan among my peers. Most were KU fans with some KSU fans. By the time most started really getting into college basketball, WSU was at the end of any real success (late 80s) and KU was winning a national title. Even in my house, KU was number one with WSU second. The Decade of Darkeness didn't help but hopefully the more visibility we've had the past 8 or so years will help attract some of the younger group now as well as others. With 3G at the helm, it'll be easier as we're set up to continue being successful and making a run to the Elite 8 or better. That'll go a long way. Multiple bids will also help, there's no reason we shouldn't be expecting to dance every year.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Ah, I don't read or watch local news at all. And I was at the USM game so I didn't get to hear/see commentary there either.

Makes me feel better that I am the only one that didn't know. :)
          Really? I was going to call you to notify you about the change because we both know how notorious you are about missing things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Well, I guess we have another reason for posters complaining about empty seats. I wasn't concerned about the time change until the one who made the questioning post was @Kung Wu:. :hororr:
            Hahaha! Well I was trying to setup my pregame dinner ritual, and the father-in-law and I had conflicting times. I shoulda told that old bastard I'd see him at 7:00 and given his ticket to some hot chick! "Oops sorry didnt think you were gonna make it so I gave the ticket to some ugly lady waiting outside." Right @pogo:?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Maybe the better way to put it is the people who don't show up for the games have a better excuse for themselves for not showing up to games.
              LOL I'm just glad I'm a Shockernetter or I'd show up at 6:30 and be hot at myself.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Really? I was going to call you to notify you about the change because we both know how notorious you are about missing things like this.
                Yes, I suck. But admitting it is the first step to recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  If you aren't at the game today, barring illness or serious personal tragedy, then you just aren't much of a fan, imho.

Many of us, for some time now, have been troubled by the lack of growth in the fan base. What's there is dedicated, there is little doubt about that, but the base needs growth, even in the "bandwagon" crowd.

You are welcomed to join!

Planned my return from Alamo Bowl to ari e at 5:40 so I scold attend, but they changed the time. That is indeed a personal tragedy!
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Planned my return from Alamo Bowl to ari e at 5:40 so I scold attend, but they changed the time. That is indeed a personal tragedy!
                    Ouch. Can still catch a half maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Ouch. Can still catch a half maybe?
                      Think I'll listen to Mike on my 2-hour drive home
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                      X