MVC conference games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    How did Drake score 22 points in a 5-minute OT? Holy cow!
    Phelps used up a season's worth of coaching in 5 minutes.

Comment

• Post and replay on the IlSU message board

Reply: No, but we can foul without guarding.

They're also saying Carmichael has tired legs. Some are suggesting it's because he spends too much energy kicking his legs out on rebounds.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        The ilsu forum sounds like a love fest for drake in beating the braves. They are picking who needs to win and lose over the next two weeks to ensure they are a 6 seed. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they picked to slug it out with cretin for the title? But hey they still have their dignity.
        From preseason title contender to hoping to stay out of the play in game. And they lose a WHOLE bunch after this year.

I can't think of a more deserving school that has the longest streak of NCAA-less appearances in the Valley. Must suck to be a Redturd.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• On the Redbird board, their Drake vs. Bradley thread is nearly as long as their own team's thread vs. Evansville. Pathetic or just plain sad? :cry:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I suspect one of those teams from Iowa is talking at large again.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              e'ville makes mincemeat of ilsu.

i repeat: e'ville here is not a guaranteed win. shox will need to bring 100%, not 99%.
              I don't think anyone would take Evansville as a guaranteed win anyway, considering they beat us once already. We already know Colt is the real deal.

That said, we outplayed them on their court in nearly every statistical category except assists and steals, but the insane amount of TOs and penalties handed them the game. I don't see them hanging with us unless we shoot ourselves with mistakes ... again. Very, very possible that happens, though. Evansville isn't a great team, but they're more than good enough to take advantage of a gift if we give it to them.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I get ISUr fans following BU closely. They had a complete flame-out early in the season but still have won 7 out of 10 and could be dangerous in St. Louis if they right the ship again. Playing Thursday would make a Cinderella run nearly impossible.

I whole-heartedly agree with people here about their reaction to their loss to us, but wanting their team out of the play-in is totally natural.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• We can probably cut down on turnovers but we are fouling machines. Hopefully we can reign it in for one game against evansville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    I don't think anyone would take Evansville as a guaranteed win anyway, considering they beat us once already. We already know Colt is the real deal.

That said, we outplayed them on their court in nearly every statistical category except assists and steals, but the insane amount of TOs and penalties handed them the game. I don't see them hanging with us unless we shoot ourselves with mistakes ... again. Very, very possible that happens, though. Evansville isn't a great team, but they're more than good enough to take advantage of a gift if we give it to them.
                    But I can't envision anyone sweeping us this year... I'm hoping those days are 'long gone like a turkey in the corn'.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I suspect one of those teams from Iowa is talking at large again.
                      Did they ever stop? It could be March 20th, and I'm sure they'll still talk about the possibilities.

Comment

• The funny thing is if UNI doesn't lose again and plays all the way to the title game in St. Louis, they might actually be on the bubble.

Maybe they were right all along. The entertainment value of that, plus the ever present hope that we could be a 3 bid league any year has me rooting for them a little.

Only a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          The funny thing is if UNI doesn't lose again and plays all the way to the title game in St. Louis, they might actually be on the bubble.

Maybe they were right all along. The entertainment value of that, plus the ever present hope that we could be a 3 bid league any year has me rooting for them a little.

Only a little.
                          That would be them playing their way ONTO the bubble, which rarely happens. They currently aren't even on the bubble radar. With all the top teams losing with regularity this season to lesser opponents, I think the bubble is pretty large and fluffy and teams are more likely to play themselves off rather than on. Winning against Denver, SIU, and IlSU isn't going to move the needle one iota. Only beating Creighton or WSU would move the needle any, and based on some of our collective slip-ups won't look as impressive as it probably really is.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Lunardi said UNI might make the bubble if they win out.

UNI in Wisconsin (Wausau)

Imagine that Northern Iowa wins out the remaining 4 regular season games and then loses to WSU in the Valley title game. Enough of a finish to get at large? (assume they beat the BlueJays in the semifinals)

Joe Lunardi (3:17 PM)

Would be very, very close. One worry: I've come to think the week-early MVC tournament is a negative for the league's bubble teams. There's almost been an "out of sight, out of mind" effect.

Comment

• Not. A. Chance. In. Frostbite. Hell.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X