UNI IT'S LIKELY THAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's likely that...

An attention starved, corn-fed, sheep-molesting, NIU fan will join Shockernet choosing a screen name advertising his favorite move on the "ladies" down at the local Cedar Fails petting zoo.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I can't wait for this game to be over so UNI fans will leave our board. it's just obvious

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        It's likely that...

An attention starved, corn-fed, sheep-molesting, NIU fan will join Shockernet choosing a screen name advertising his favorite move on the "ladies" down at the local Cedar Fails petting zoo.

T

...:cool:
        Ding ding ding.... We have a winner

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Why did one win over St Mary's give NIU fans so much swagger now?

I was wondering who the newbee was and then when SF made the mistake? of using the NIU moniker instead of UNI it just kind of fell together. Only the thin skinned uni folks get their butts puckered when they get referred to as niu. That SF is stupid like a fox.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Pink1Stink View Post
            They played #2 Louisville down to the wire and were one horrible call away from having the ball on the final possession with a chance to win.
            So in other words it was soooo close that you _might_ have won if you actually had the ball and didn't lose by two possessions?

Originally posted by 2pink1stink
            If EO gets into foul trouble, the lane is going to open up and Mitchell has proved he can/will go by anyone on the dribble this year. That opens up their shooters as well.
            Well which the heck is it?? Mitchell can go by anyone on the dribble drive this year, but only if EO fouls out? LMAO

Your game plan hopes depend on a guy averaging 1.8 fouls per game and exactly 0 foul outs in 12 games? Good plan.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Welcome StinkyPinky, how was the commute in from NIU? Let me guess...it is likely that you are not a private investigator or CIA operative by trade.

Please venture a guess at the score for the game for us before you run off.

Comment

I don't think Northern Illinois beat St. Mary's this year. UNI did beat St. Mary's this year. I think it has fans excited because the team played a little bit better and got a nice win going into conference play, rather than going in with a 6-6 record and coming off a loss. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. A winning record is far more exciting than a .500 record.

Some could ask why WSU fans have so much swagger coming off an 11-1 non-conference schedule that featured one decent opponent in Iowa and a slew of injuries? It certainly can't be due to HCGM and you think he will out-coach people to win games? At least I hope not. If I recall correctly, he's gone to the dance frequently, but has never won a game there.
                So I guess VCU is pond scum? That shitty schedule actually garnered a Top 25 ranking, so some people must've been taking notice. How far did NIU climb in the polls after getting their asses handed to them by their sexy at-large schedule?

You're coming on here WAYYYYY TOO COCKY, buddy. You're looking up to us, not the other way around. That's why you're here.

You're on notice.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  I was wondering who the newbee was and then when SF made the mistake? of using the NIU moniker instead of UNI it just kind of fell together. Only the thin skinned uni folks get their butts puckered when they get referred to as niu. That SF is stupid like a fox.
                  That was the cheapest and easiest bait to put out there and the trout gobbled it up within milliseconds.

FAIL.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's likely that we could all be unpleasantly surprised by this UNI team. If they shoot well, they can beat anybody. They played #2 Louisville down to the wire and were one horrible call away from having the ball on the final possession with a chance to win. If EO gets into foul trouble, the lane is going to open up and Mitchell has proved he can/will go by anyone on the dribble this year. That opens up their shooters as well.
                    Dead give away here. 1st post. Talked about NIU "offense". No Shocker fan gives a hoot about Mitchell or anyone on that team.

Comment

I wonder if the first choice for a name was 2pink1o'rear

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        I wonder if the first choice for a name was 2pink1o'rear
                        Lmao. That was clever.

Comment

I don't think Northern Illinois beat St. Mary's this year. UNI did beat St. Mary's this year. I think it has fans excited because the team played a little bit better and got a nice win going into conference play, rather than going in with a 6-6 record and coming off a loss. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. A winning record is far more exciting than a .500 record.

Some could ask why WSU fans have so much swagger coming off an 11-1 non-conference schedule that featured one decent opponent in Iowa and a slew of injuries? It certainly can't be due to HCGM and you think he will out-coach people to win games? At least I hope not. If I recall correctly, he's gone to the dance frequently, but has never won a game there.
                          Iowa is the only decent opponent?

You mean playing AT VCU (rpi 30), AT Tennessee (rpi 42) and So. Miss (rpi 58) at home aren't decent opponents? All of those teams have a rpi better than Iowa (rpi 63). That is 4 non-con opponents with a rpi of 63 or better. That's not great, but it is not too bad. UNI beat a St. Mary's team with a rpi of 105 and all of sudden they are at-large material? Give me a break.

If the Shockers had only played ONE decent opponent WSU wouldn't have rpi of 17.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            Iowa is the only decent opponent?

You mean playing AT VCU (rpi 30), AT Tennessee (rpi 42) and So. Miss (rpi 58) at home aren't decent opponents? All of those teams have a rpi better than Iowa (rpi 63). That is 4 non-con opponents with a rpi of 63 or better. That's not great, but it is not too bad. UNI beat a St. Mary's team with a rpi of 105 and all of sudden they are at-large material? Give me a break.

If the Shockers had only played ONE decent opponent WSU wouldn't have rpi of 17.
                            Not sure where anyone has said UNI is at-large material on here? I'd be interested to see where that was said on here.

Comment

I see it right here StinkyPinky: UNI has played such a great schedule and performed so well that they are definitely an at-large team. You just can't keep one of the greatest programs in the history of the MVC out of the Dance.

Comment

Not sure where anyone has said UNI is at-large material on here? I'd be interested to see where that was said on here.
                                NIU fans are saying it all over the place. Since you're an NIU fan, it becomes relevant. Take your NIU trash back to Frostbite.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X