X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every fan base.......

has their share of idiots.

We are not immune.

Did that guy on KAKE overtime live just say that he wants Gregg to move on???!!!!! I'm stunned anyone that stupid could actually figure out a phone.

I'll never understand some people.

KWCH

Jeff Parsons called for Jim Littel (sp?) for new women's coach.

All 3 suggested Gregg would take the job if offered and it was more likely than not that he would be offered. Not terribly encouraging.

He seems like the only one that wants Coach's head on a pike. He's trying his damn best. He got the best recruits he could for coming in so late and his top player's out with a concussion and the former WU coach left the cupboards' pretty bare

Comment

He better be. Anyone else jumping on that guy's bandwagon is going to have to deal with me.

And, yes, them's fightin' words.

Comment

It's the nature of the business, but you know, I need to vent...
        Feel free to skip past this post to the next one if you don't want to hear it.

Right now we should be excited about the future of Shocker basketball, but it seems it's tough to get hopes up about much of anything with this extremely badly timed coaching controversy. I am still optimistic that Coach Marshall will keep his word and continue to build the legacy of the program. I am confident (as are most people) that his recruiting is going very well, and we are very much on the right track--and a track that should lead us to places (as fans) that we haven't seen consistently perhaps ever.

Even with optimism, it seems like we (Shocker fans) have been through enough in the last year. But alas, the world (nor Gregg Marshall's world) doesn't revolve around pleasing fans, and he has to do what's right for him. I'm just hoping that we get this thing behind us--that he comes out with something definitive that he's committed to us for the long haul, or sadly that he's leaving.

I still don't think coach has truly seen Koch Arena as it can be--the way it has been--one of the loudest, most incredible places to see a basketball game. Not to take anything away from South Carolina--don't know much about it, and I know it's his home, but I would hope that he would give WSU the benefit of the doubt and just stick it out with us (I know, fat chance perhaps). He might find that being the coach at WSU is better than being the coach of a school that has divided it's fan base with football, and where his program will always play second fiddle.

Ok, I'm about done, but as much 'doom and gloom' as this post seems to have in it, there's plenty of positives to think about. Heck--we still have Jim Shaus, and that says a lot. I just hope that we don't have to call on his coach hiring skills any time soon.

Like I've said, I hope he stays and think he will. But if he doesn't, I think you all can agree that he won't truly know what he's missing. He just hasn't been here long enough. You all know what that was like that night we clinched the championship at the Roundhouse 2 years ago. Sure South Carolina could match us in fan support, but I think I can say with confidence that they can't exceed us in fan support. I'm no expert, but I don't think any school could. I just hope Marshall truly understands the possibilities here when he makes whatever decisions that he needs to make for himself.

Tomorrow will be telling--or so I hope. If not, it could be a long, nerve wracking rest of the season ahead (and I don't mean on the court).

The team continues to improve, and I think we'll get some more wins in the next 2 weeks. I look forward to watching.

Enough said--actually more than enough said. I feel better after saying it.

Comment

I hope he read Lutz's article about Turgeon...last time i'll ever say that...

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. Say what you want about Turgeon, but look BEYOND that part of it. Look at how much of an impact the school and community have had on him--AT HOW MUCH OUR SCHOOL has had an impact on him. He's moved on (and as they said, he's happy), but he'd probably be the first to tell you that NO ONE can beat our fan support. I just hope coach Marshall has a firm grasp of it--even a glimpse of it when making his decisions...

Comment

Every Shocker should know...

...that Wichita State University is number 4 in the Nation for Aerospace R&D Expenditures.

It's a great day...

T

...8)

Comment

IdiotsW

WuDr, you forgot that some of the idiots in our fan base masquerade as sports reporters.

For the TV clowns to suggest that:

(a) Marshall would take the job if offered, which they can't know unless Marshall has told them that, and

(b) he probably will be offered the job, which they can't know unless they've talked to the USC athletic director and he told them so, which is highly unlikely -- meanwhile, compare their Wichita-centric speculation to that of the sports guy actually in South Carolina, who had several plausisble candidates ahead of Marshall in his own expectations and would probably consider Marshall something of a long shot --

just confirms their willingness to blow smoke in the search for viewers and publicity. The truth is that they don't have a bleeping clue.

Comment

Re: IdiotsW

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                  WuDr, you forgot that some of the idiots in our fan base masquerade as sports reporters.

(a) Marshall would take the job if offered, which they can't know unless Marshall has told them that, and

(b) he probably will be offered the job, which they can't know unless they've talked to the USC athletic director and he told them so, which is highly unlikely -- meanwhile, compare their Wichita-centric speculation to that of the sports guy actually in South Carolina, who had several plausisble candidates ahead of Marshall in his own expectations and would probably consider Marshall something of a long shot --

just confirms their willingness to blow smoke in the search for viewers and publicity. The truth is that they don't have a bleeping clue.
                  point a is absolutely plausible. The man gets to go home, have more money, possibly better recruiting, have even larger fan base than the first time around when he was with the eagles.

Comment

I agree, WSUwatcher. Sometimes those guys just need to say "I have no idea" instead of giving a mostly ignorant opinion.

Comment

Paper

Plausible, Hotel, but there also plausible reasons to doubt that he would leave, and in any case the point is that they don't know and can't know.

So instead of sitting around reporting their plausible speculation as news, why don't they say they don't know and quit pretending to be authorities on that which they don't know?

Comment

^because they're hosting a tv show, where ratings and money are king. Stating "I don't know" would be inexcusable the station who owns the show, think that they are the sports analysis for our area.

Comment

Someone told me about that guy on KAKE overtime live this morning. It probably was just some K-State fan who was playing with our insecurities. You know, the same type of person who spends their time posting those innappropriate message on every WSU article on Kansas.com.

If I didn't have a life... the things I would call in on KSU's shows.
                          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Re: Paper

Plausible, Hotel, but there also plausible reasons to doubt that he would leave, and in any case the point is that they don't know and can't know.

So instead of sitting around reporting their plausible speculation as news, why don't they say they don't know and quit pretending to be authorities on that which they don't know?
                            Just curious why you think Sports Sunday or any tv/radio talk show is to be taken as factual reporting? How could you take it for anything else other than opinions filling air time?

It's not like they even said anything like "Based upon my discusions with CGM/USC folks, I'm inclined to believe a) he would take the job if offered and b) he looks to be the frontrunner for the job."

I think you're clearly mistaking talk shows opinions with factual reporting. There's a pretty clear difference.

Comment

Re: IdiotsW

I agree. I have only seen the clowns on one occasion. At the time, I was reminded of a high school Harry radio show.

Comment

Working...
                              X