Mid Major top 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Major top 25

Week 7 contained plenty of excitement among mid-majors. South Dakota State and Canisius picked up huge wins, defeating New Mexico and Temple on the road, respectively, Middle Tennessee ...

The Valley looks good in this poll. It will be a tough conference season.
    "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
    Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

The Valley is now considered below CUSA??

Wonderful.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

WSU needs to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          The Valley is now considered below CUSA??

Wonderful.
          In their own Conference Power Ratings Report they rank the Valley #9 and they don't even rank CUSA in their top 10.

Raise your hand if you know what all these numbers have in common—three, seven, eight, 10 and 16. If you guessed the rankings in the AP Poll of the various college basketball teams that lost Saturday, then you are correct...

Comment

I didn't read any further than, "I consider any team not in the big(insert number or direction), CUSA, A10, or MWC. What a joke.

Comment

Dumbass thread.

Newbie, don't ever start a thread like this or quote a mid-major poll on here again. Capice?

T

...:cool:

Comment

113 schools are not eligible because they're "major" - not "mid-major".

Golly, gee, maybe there's an under 6' conference we can join, since we're not even in the same category of teams as Tulsa and Duquesne - after all, those are "MAJOR" programs.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I really don't see why that term bothers folks so much, but then I figure there is only about 40 high-major programs.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    I really don't see why that term bothers folks so much..
                    Because we're not a mid-major program Pin. The term annoys our coach (it even annoyed Turd). It is used primarily by BCS schools to try and subjugate us when we recruit against them. Why is it so hard for people to understand. It is not a term that emboldens the "us versus them" mentality, it is a term of imprisonment.

Wise up ShockerNetters and represent your Alma Mater with respect. Gregg Marshall gets it and he's only been a Shocker for a handful of years. Why don't you?

T

Comment

It's a Rivals term, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        It's a Rivals term, nothing more.
                        Omg... really? C'mon man, put your thinking cap on.

It doesn't matter if it's Abraham Lincoln's term, it is very counterproductive to HCGM's program goals. Stop using it. Stop even thinking about it.

T

Comment

There is nothing mid-major about WSU other than its conference affiliation. This particular poll spells out that it is basing its definition of mid-major on the conference, not the team. If you look at #1 Gonzaga, they are #13 in the AP and are perenial top 25 and have EARNED not being considered a mid, however they are in the poll. WSU has not yet earned the right to get pissy about the term mid-major. Marshall has this program knocking on that door, but one tourny bid every 6 years is not quite major. (though neither are 90% of the A10 & CUSA). And remember, it is merely conference affiliation, coach laid it out pretty clearly for everyone in the media room last year...nothing mid-major about WSU. Now we just gotta prove it. Respect is earned when the name on the front of the jersey doesn't start with a K.
                          -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                            There is nothing mid-major about WSU other than its conference affiliation. This particular poll spells out that it is basing its definition of mid-major on the conference, not the team. If you look at #1 Gonzaga, they are #13 in the AP and are perenial top 25 and have EARNED not being considered a mid, however they are in the poll. WSU has not yet earned the right to get pissy about the term mid-major. Marshall has this program knocking on that door, but one tourny bid every 6 years is not quite major. (though neither are 90% of the A10 & CUSA). And remember, it is merely conference affiliation, coach laid it out pretty clearly for everyone in the media room last year...nothing mid-major about WSU. Now we just gotta prove it. Respect is earned when the name on the front of the jersey doesn't start with a K.
                            It's the bottom half of the Big 12, SEC, and Big 10 that should be called mid-majors that is just wrong. And then you add the fact that almost all other schools that aren't in BCS conferences but are still called mid-major (all 20 or 30 Div. I conferences that aren't BCS). It's a very broad term that isn't a precise description of the schools programs.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              Omg... really? C'mon man, put your thinking cap on.

It doesn't matter if it's Abraham Lincoln's term, it is very counterproductive to HCGM's program goals. Stop using it. Stop even thinking about it.

T

Cold, your line of thinking is find and dandy in the Wichita metropolitan area. But until this program starts making some major heavy hitting news on the national level, we'll always be viewed as a mid. And I'm talking about Butler and Gonzaga type heavy hitting. You can get on your soapbox on Shockernet and preach to the choir, but all I care about is how this program is perceived nationally. We still got some work to do if you want us to be viewed as a non-mid.

Comment

Working...
                              X