Curse of the Shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse of the Shirts?

While packing to go to see family for the holiday's, I grabbed all my shocker gear. First was Ron Bakers "Tame the Mane". Next was Evan's "Can't Stop the Mop" Than before I went to grab the next one it hit me. All 3 players-Baker, Hall, and Wessel all had pretty serious injuries after the shirts were put out. Ironic that it's those 3 and not anyone else. I know EO was hurt but his he missed a couple games.

I believe in the madden curse, most of you a probably thinking I'm an idiot, lol. It is just a really weird coincidence that all 3 are out.

Happy Holiday fellow shocker fans, may all of you have a Merry Christmas or Celebrate whichever your religion is, and God Bless.

SHOCKERS UP---- 11-1
    **FEAR THE WHEAT**

Thought about that same thing yesterday. A strange coincidence.

Comment

How about the "Bad To The Bone" shirt?
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Maybe this is one of those instances where you think it's the SHIRT, but really it's the HAIR. Maybe too much hair throws you off balance and next thing you know ... *POOF* injured.

And maybe that's why God makes some of us men go bald ... because we are athletically gifted but as we get older and our bones age he doesn't want us to risk losing balance as much? That's what I am going to tell my wife. "I'm going bald because I'm a tiger."

I'll check in with you guys and let you know how that plays out.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I usually just rate it in the category, 'If things are going along really well, and you get too damn confident
          and full of yourself, something always comes along to pop your balloon.'

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Maybe this is one of those instances where you think it's the SHIRT, but really it's the HAIR. Maybe too much hair throws you off balance and next thing you know ... *POOF* injured.

And maybe that's why God makes some of us men go bald ... because we are athletically gifted but as we get older and our bones age he doesn't want us to risk losing balance as much? That's what I am going to tell my wife. "I'm going bald because I'm a tiger."

I'll check in with you guys and let you know how that plays out.
            You really think there is a need to check back in on that huh? I always thought your were an eternal optimist!

:excitement:

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I've always had a tough time accepting the "Mop" hair do. But as long as they play good ball, I can accept it. Can't do much hooping from the bench though and I hope they all heal quickly. Call me old school but I always admired kids with the clean cut look. Not taking anything away from what our guys have done and will do in their careers. It just my preference. Although I do get a laugh at times thinking back on what my Father always told me, "If hair makes you a better ball player then everyone would have hair down to their ass"!
                When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Carl just looks Beastly with his dreads. I wish he would let them down for a game this year
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Not crazy bout dreds or tats or hardware or long hair. Always kinda liked the mop, though.

Comment

Apparently we didn't need the age poll. We could have just used this thread to determine the generational gaps. ;)
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        Apparently we didn't need the age poll. We could have just used this thread to determine the generational gaps. ;)
                        This!
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Back in high school we had a chant for the McPherson team whenever we played them: "Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines!". Of course, we were making light of their military-style haircuts.

Comment

Working...
                          X