Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What now? Injury and treatment for Malcom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What now? Injury and treatment for Malcom?

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

If we had a full team, I'm thinkin he gets suspended for a game. This way..........I dunno

Comment

For those of us who were out of town and missed the game, what happened? I take it he ran his mouth again.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        For those of us who were out of town and missed the game, what happened? I take it he ran his mouth again.
        See posts here: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...-with-me/page3
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I am sure coach will find a solution to a relatively simple problem. Coach want his point guards to be hard nosed and competitive leaders- MA has to understand his limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            If we had a full team, I'm thinkin he gets suspended for a game. This way..........I dunno
            "My players are on the court."
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Malcolm is our key point guard and one of our leaders. Sort of like your quarterback in football and an ace pitcher in baseball, all eyes are monitering this person during battle. Now with 2 such T calls, will the refs will be scutinizing him all the more? Since he is a solid defender and one of the keys to our success this Season, dunno if Coach will have him do extra sprints, make all the team that is physically able to join him, or make him watch the other remaining 7 healthy players run sprints for him as he watches? Of those 7, we have a couple more that could step on a dime barefooted and blindfolded, and tell you whether it is heads or tails because they are also hurting.

The old adage in the song at the poker game is "never count your money while you are settin at the table." Also, as my coaches used to demand was "let yourn game do your talking." In my case, I did not have much talent to offer, but Malcom does. Yes, we need Malcolm to lead by example and let the dust settle where it may. He is a quality young man and just let the drama get the best of him as the refs were zoning in on him at the time, regardless of what our foes were also possibly doing or saying. Not a conspiracy but rather just the way it went down twice now. Sometimes, it is the second infraction the refs pick up on. Maybe they missed the part that enticed Malcom to react, but the aftermath cost our team both times.

Mr. Stutz will be the first to know how that action really bites after being mauled all night and simply finally yelling out in frustration "what?!!" Tweeeeeeeet!!!!!! That was what he heard as he got his only T ever and had to visit the pine with foul trouble after getting mauled reapeatily by one of their bench players. Tricky but costly. Innocent but costly and just what they wanted? Now will our foes try this plan on Mr. Armstead? Maybe basketball is not a non-contact, non trash talking sport after-all? Dunno, but everybody will be watching and waiting, and our players will have temptations to overcome in this area that could have serious implications to how we finish this very Season. This is all very correctable and 3G will have some healing remedies to render. Sometimes at times like this, silence is golden, even when playing the golden eagles.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

MA just needs to accept he is a role player and embrace it. He should do everything he can do to pad his assist totals and feed the scorers like Early and Wiggins and take his shots within the flow of the offense and pass up the bad ones, play good D without fouling and finally keep his mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  You probably don't want to use the word "suspend". Suspend makes it sound like he broke team rules. The coach can just decide not to play him or else limit his playing time.

Comment

Yeah I think it's just going to be he lost his starting spot but he might be right back in there at the first sign of weakness from the other guy

Comment

Or his arm may be too sore from the pushups he is doing to even attempt to dribble a basketball.

Comment

Question is, will he be able to play through the pain?

Comment

I don't want to be Malcolm right now. There is another young man that needs a talking to. Mr. Early has received a lot of warnings from officials, particularly when he thinks someone has been too physical. He needs to be told just to walk away before some untimely technical costs him some minutes as well.
                          Last edited by wusphlash; December 23, 2012, 10:07 PM.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Thanks Kung WU.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                            X