Vegas Odds: Southern Mississippi at Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I thought it stayed at 7. That's a crazy progression of the line if that's how it went down. I don't think I've heard of that kind of roller coaster in a while.
    I'm sure the opening line was set to draw money to the SoMiss side, especially with the knowledge of injuries and the fact that the game was not being played at the Chuck. The line dropped big time. Rather surprising. Late money had to bring the Shocks side back up. Not sure how the news of Jake being out just before tip influenced anything.

Sharps will be all over the injury and venue news. Squares will bet on reputation and ranking without much thought.

Comment

While comparing the line and result I initially thought Vegas is really smart (and I often think so), but after reflection I believe the line was crazy and based on evening the betting with a public not that well informed with WSU injuries. Play that game 100 times and I think there is little chance we win by 7-10 points 50 of them. After a furious come back we were up two with one minute and it took best possible scenario to cover the lower end of the spread. I don't bet on the Shockers but I would have taken the under in a heart beat if I did and would happily again.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
      X