No announcement yet.

I was wondering if anyone else here agrees with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FVV has some ways to go. FWIW, Shockers led 14-11 at the 6:59 mark of the 1st half. MA gets foul #2 and the rest the way the score goes 17-3 So.Miss.

I'll stay with MA and I believe HCGM will take care of the discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I wouldn't say screwed... I'm not for abandoning him but I'd be ok with a few less minutes for Armstead and a few more for FVV
      As long as FVV can reduce his TO's. HCGM said in the postgame show that he needs to learn when to speed up his game and slow down his game.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker View Post
        Maybe 2 trash talk T's in the last 3 games is acceptable to you, but it isn't to me. He is a decent player, but if we had the rest of the roster healthy, we would be fine without him.
        Your reaction is the one I would expect towards a guy who just got arrested (e.g. the series of SIU players under Lowery). Mal needs to quit picking up stupid T's, but that is a whole different category of behavior than the kinds of stuff that truly unacceptable.

Wiggins not being willing to dive after loose balls is in the same category, an attitude issue that needs to be adjusted, but not an unforgivable offense. Both Mall and Nick need to get those issues fixed, but both are key pieces to this basketball team.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          Your reaction is the one I would expect towards a guy who just got arrested (e.g. the series of SIU players under Lowery). Mal needs to quit picking up stupid T's, but that is a whole different category of behavior than the kinds of stuff that truly unacceptable.

Wiggins not being willing to dive after loose balls is in the same category, an attitude issue that needs to be adjusted, but not an unforgivable offense. Both Mall and Nick need to get those issues fixed, but both are key pieces to this basketball team.
          I never said I wanted him kicked off the team, which would be my reaction if he was arrested. And comparing what he has done to Wiggins learning how much effort he has to exert is just stupid. Wiggins has done nothing that I know of to embarrass himself or his team and is starting to figure things out.

As for MA, there is absolutely no doubt we are a better team with him playing, and perhaps my reaction would be different if a guy had 3 years of history here, but his Shocker career is 12 games old now and he has 2 T's and another game in which he was called out by HCGM and played 5 minutes. He also won the VCU and Iowa games for us, but there is evidence of a very selfish and/or immature attitude from a 5th year senior on a team that appears to be very much an unselfish and mature group. I hope he gets his crap together. I know the coach's post game comments included the statement, "I'm done with the technicals," so I doubt it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            Even with Hall, we'd be screwed without Malcolm. Stop with this nonsense already.
            Malcolm needs to stop his nonsense also. Giving the other team free points by simply opening up the mouth is UNACCEPTABLE and downright the DUMBEST thing you can do on the basketball court. That's happened TWICE now.

MA is great when he's a leader, a passer, and a driver. If he remembers that, then I like him on our team. But this technical BS has to stop. NOW. I'm pretty sure Marshall summed it up in the postgame that MA isn't gonna like him in the near future for what he's going to do with him.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I never said I wanted him kicked off the team, which would be my reaction if he was arrested.
              This was your exact quote from earlier in the thread:

Anybody having a change of heart about MA yet? I'd be fine with him being gone tomorrow.
              If being fine "with him being gone tomorrow" isn't calling him to be off the team, what is?

If that initial reaction was just an emotional response that doesn't express you true feelings, that is fine, although ironic since your issue with Mal is his inability to keep his emotions in check and he ends up saying stupid things.

I don't think any reasonable fan disagrees that Mal needs to get the T problem in check or that he is a valuable part of this team that we need on the court and playing well.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Anybody having a change of heart about MA yet? I'd be fine with him being gone tomorrow.
                Tonight was the perfect example of why FVV is not quite ready to take the reigns. 5 turnovers in 14 minutes. He just hasn't quite shaken the freshman jitters yet. When he does, he's gonna be awesome. At any other big time program he would not be getting the minutes he is. He chose very wisely when accepted WSU's offer.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Like I said in another thread MA is a great ball handler and passer. When he is in the game the rest of the team seems to calm itself. He's a winner just needs to harness the emotions a tad bit
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'll admit that your interpretation of my post was reasonable, but your argument still wasn't. I really meant that I'm ready for his attitude to be gone tomorrow and don't care if he plays another minute. I'll be fine with whatever hell Marshall wants to put him through.

Comment

3G said post game that MA was gonna get something....and MA isn't gonna like it!

AMEN!
                      Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

This is forgivable with consequences. He sat for a while. Hopefully he'll learn to control his emotions and still maintain his competitive fire.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                          Like I said in another thread MA is a great ball handler and passer. When he is in the game the rest of the team seems to calm itself. He's a winner just needs to harness the emotions a tad bit
                          What he did was totally stupid (and I know because I listened to Marshall tell him how stupid he was). It is absolutely foolish to be talking trash when you still trail by 7.

To many are giving MA a pass - because tonight act was not about a act of passion or emotion, it was about selfishness and his action hurt his team. His team needed senior leadership, needed a PG leadership to run the offense, not act like a punk.

Comment

If we would have lost, it would have been interesting to see the fans' reactions of MA.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

As coach has said, winning is the best deodorant.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

The shocks were totally lost without MA.

Does he need to avoid Techs? Absolutely, but this game isn't freaking close without him. The wheels absolutely fell off the car in the first half when he got his second foul....

I love how our most passionate fans (shockernet posters) are the ones to get the most irrational about a players technicals. I know how we act during games, and MA is a saint compared to most of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X