Ad Astra per Aspera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad Astra per Aspera

I have a feeling that at the end of the year, we'll look back and be very proud at how this team responded in dealing with all of these injuries. I hope the crowd reacts with a tremendous amount of support and blows the roof off of the ol' Roundhouse (and IBA). HCGM will roll up his sleeves, adjust his tie, and have his Shox ready to play.

Go Shox!

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    I have a feeling that at the end of the year, we'll look back and be very proud at how this team responded in dealing with all of these injuries. I hope the crowd reacts with a tremendous amount of support and blows the roof off of the ol' Roundhouse (and IBA). HCGM will roll up his sleeves, adjust his tie, and have his Shox ready to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkAyUmyQko

Go Shox!

Yeah all 8 or 9 thousand of them. :peaceful:

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Yeah all 8 or 9 thousand of them. :peaceful:
      Yes, but that 8 or 9 thousand is the best of the best in Shocker Nation and they are the ones that make all the noise anyway.

I remember the NIT game against Nebraska only sold about 7,500 tickets but that crowd was the equal of most full houses we have had because those were the truely passionate Shocker fans.

Quality over quantity is sometimes a better recipe in terms of crowd support. Now in terms of dollars quantity is where it's at.

Comment

I don't care if there's 3,000 of 'em. When our boys step it up and play through this calamity, I know at least four fans that will be cheering their asses off -- regardless of what marks appear in the win/loss columns. Remember the 90's!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It is very hard to predict how things are going to go for the Shocks at this point. However, as the Apollo 13 clip suggests this at least has the potential to be one of our finer moments. Wouldn't want to miss that. Even if it doesn't go well I will be proud to be a Shocker fan as long as the guys give it everything they have and don't give up.

We still have very good basketball players in Shocker uniforms. We just don't have the luxury of depth anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I don't care if there's 3,000 of 'em. When our boys step it up and play through this calamity, I know at least four fans that will be cheering their asses off -- regardless of what marks appear in the win/loss columns. Remember the 90's!
            The 90s teams should have drawn 1500 per game, but still had 6k minimum. I still looked forward to going to the games, even if they were god awful.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I am sure all you Shockernetters in town will support the team no matter what and am confident the vast majority of our local fans will do likewise.

Tragedies happen. It is how well you react to them that really counts. Our coach, our team, and our fans will stand up and be counted.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                I am sure all you Shockernetters in town will support the team no matter what and am confident the vast majority of our local fans will do likewise.

Tragedies happen. It is how well you react to them that really counts. Our coach, our team, and our fans will stand up and be counted.
                Let's not get too carried away. What happened in Newtown, CT is a tragedy. The 1970 Shocker football team plan crash was a tragedy. What the Shocks and we Shocker fans are dealing with is a minor bump in the road.

Comment

I have a feeling that everytime Gregg hears someone bemoan the demise of our season, he's thinking "just watch us". I'm thinking, while he wishes everyone was healthy, he's loving the chance to prove the nay sayers wrong. Don't feel sorry for Gregg, he's salivating at this challenge.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Thank you, 1972...I know the post about 'tragedies' didn't mean harm, but, yes,injuries, grades, transfers,etc...those are life's blips....

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      The 90s teams should have drawn 1500 per game, but still had 6k minimum. I still looked forward to going to the games, even if they were god awful.

Some of those teams would take 5 minutes to score and thats when we would stand for offense (clapping)

Comment

"Through hardships to the stars"
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

How long until KU claims that was copyrighted by them?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            "Through hardships to the stars"
                            I've always heard it as "To the stars through difficulty" in reference to our State Flag. Same meaning eiher way.

" Ad astra per astera " is the motto of the 34th state to join the Union, Kansas. It joined the Union on January 29,...

In any case, let's hope the Shocks can complete the trip this year.

:poster_wu:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              How long until KU claims that was copyrighted by them?
                              You mean that hasn't happened yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X