WSU vs. Charleston Southern predictions and discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. Charleston Southern predictions and discussions

Here's the deal. The 'Buc's stop here' on the Eve of Teotwawki. However, just buy a new calandar on Dec. 22nd and we will be cooler than the North Pole on Christmas Eve. Speaking of that, have each of you received my Christmas list? Just get me what you did last Cwissmas and all is well. I'm not worthy!!! Better than the stockin of coal I get from the folk that know me in the flesh. Yikes!!!

Now down to buswax. The Buc's do have some fine players but we have an existential winning agenda of our own. Thus, we will have to not just win, but improve as a team. Hopefully, we can get valuable minutes of utilizing our quality depth. Another 9 out of 10 wins would be groovy gravy that we can dig. Baker will be the maker of 21 points on the Eve of Dec. 21, 2012.

Shox-----77

Bucs-----65
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Shockers will be mad, and the score should be lopsided.

Us-----89
    Them-----59

Comment

Weak game. Will not do anything to improve our team, our RPI, or restore my hope this team will find the missing offense. We win easily over a poor squad.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Weak game. Will not do anything to improve our team, our RPI, or restore my hope this team will find the missing offense. We win easily over a poor squad.
        Weak game, hurt our RPI, yes. However, this game gives the coaching staff an opportunity to put into play the things they've been practicing/working on for a week without having to specifically prepare for the team we're playing as much. Hopefully, restore the players' confidence as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Weak game, hurt our RPI, yes. However, this game gives the coaching staff an opportunity to put into play the things they've been practicing/working on for a week without having to specifically prepare for the team we're playing as much. Hopefully, restore the players' confidence as well.
          looks like it will be important game to prepare for life after Carl Hall

Comment

Well, in lieu of the missing 3 starters and a 4th starter still playing in pain, FSF has to resubmit a more current prediction. Soooo, am I going to pick our beloved Shox to lose for the first time in a prediction thread? I think not. Here is my new prediction below with all the injury updates.

WSU--77

Bucs--66

2nd verse, same as the 1st. Good thing we are deep and look for some Shockers to step up strong Thursday to pick up the slack.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              I won't say it's going to help our RPI but when yours is 20, few at home do.

As far as your assessment of them being a poor squad, I trust you don't have the scout tonight. You and I perhaps have differing opinions on the definition of poor. This is a quality basketball team capable of playing way above their "level". They lost by 9 at 'Zona (it was a 2 point game at the under 8 TO), a team that just might be in the Final Four. Anything less than our A game and this is a battle to the end, shorthanded as we are.

Comment

Shocks win but more importantly I believe Armstead redeems himself for his acctions at Tenn and steps us as a senior leader moving forward this season as it is a necessity with the Beast out, and Nick Wiggins will have a new nick name Nick "Point a Minute" Wiggins. CJ Lufile may see a double. Regardless of the opponent it will be interesting how Marshall and the players adapt to overcome during the next 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Lutz said Shox win easy. Predicted a final of 70-60. ................not sure where we will find 70 points...........

Comment

Early and Armstead are not chopped liver either. Early goes back and forth with Carl Hall as leading scorer anyway. When Hall wasn't in a game much. Early took up the slack. Armstead and Early together should more than make up for the loss of Carl Hall. If they step up their game consistently,and Orukpe and Lufille crash the boards we could all be very surprised by the outcome.

Comment

74-58 Shockers

Comment

I just hope the guys don't try too hard to replace Carl, Ron and Evan. They just need to play hard, stay within themselves. do the little things and let the game come to them and I think we will be fine.

I am actually looking forward to this game with a great amount of interest and anticipation.

Go Shocks! :poster_wu:

Comment

Don't be surprised when Lufille emerges with more game play. He's a fast ,bruiser that can shoot. I can't wait to see the attack of "THE RACK".

Comment

Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                            Don't be surprised when Lufille emerges with more game play. He's a fast ,bruiser that can shoot. I can't wait to see the attack of "THE RACK".
                            CJ getting much more game play is a given. Why would that surprise anyone?

Comment

People that stay within themselves are mediocre. (If you mean not out of control i will go with that). That is like saying "you can only do so much so don't try too hard". Champions were never born out of a wimpy attitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X