No announcement yet.

Bracket Buster event to end after 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket Buster event to end after 2012?

Saw a tweet this morning that was sent out by the MAAC commissioner stating that ESPN is ending the Bracket Buster after 2012. No link to any article confirming it, the only reason I saw it is because Andy Katz retweeted it, sorry no link to that, not for sure how to do include the link from my iPhone.
    Shox-4-Life

The only fitting title to this topic is "BracketBusters is Dead!".

Comment

This wouldn't sadden me at all.

I would still love to see the staff get some good games against other non-BcS schools. Some of the teams we've played in this we could buy out, others would make nice H/H series or 2/1 deals. I know some of those schools would have concerns about potential losses and maybe our staff is the same way, but I'd like to see a few decent teams actually show up and play at The Roundhouse from time to time.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It would be great if they had like a VALLEY-MWC-A10 Challenge. Maybe throw in the WCC, CAA and/or CUSA. But keep it pretty limited to the conferences that actually have a chance to get multiple bids. Oh yeah and play in late December.

Comment

Ding Dong the witch is dead.

Dance with me munchkinland!!
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

They just now figured out that BB is dead?

Comment

Good news. I was a fan of BB until all the good schools dropped out recently.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Good news. I was a fan of BB until all the good schools dropped out recently.
                Me too. It would have worked if not every school and their little brother played in it. If it were limited to schools with RPIs above a certain number, say 150, then it's a pretty good deal.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Why can't we go for an MVC-BIG10 or BIG12 or PAC12 challenge? We might do better against the PAC12 though. Or is that PAC16 now. I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    Why can't we go for an MVC-BIG10 or BIG12 or PAC12 challenge? We might do better against the PAC12 though. Or is that PAC16 now. I forget.
                    My old standby...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by KochHead22 View Post
                      Saw a tweet this morning that was sent out by the MAAC commissioner stating that ESPN is ending the Bracket Buster after 2012. No link to any article confirming it, the only reason I saw it is because Andy Katz retweeted it, sorry no link to that, not for sure how to do include the link from my iPhone.
                      Here is the official word: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

Comment

THANK GOD

Comment

Understandable that ESPN wishes to drop BB with all the recent departures.

What's to become of all this joy if the replacement game features an opponent with an RPI of 200+? Not only us but some of the Valley teams that don't attempt to schedule aggresively? Is this a boon to the Valley's comprehensive RPI.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

What's to become of all this joy if the replacement game features an opponent with an RPI of 200+? Not only us but some of the Valley teams that don't attempt to schedule aggresively? Is this a boon to the Valley's comprehensive RPI.
                            If that's the case, then we haven't lost much. This year's opponent is likely to be crap, and it would have likely only gotten worse in future years.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

I get the ease of scheduling argument to a degree, but let's be honest...there is not one single team left in this field that we are incapable of securing a home-and-home with if we were willing to start the series on the road.

If scheduling is truly so impossible then we could always stop being wusses and reinitiate the Oral Roberts series that Turgeon tucked tail on following the Holman meltdown. They are top 100 almost every single year under Sutton yet we've big leagued them for nearly a decade now.

Comment

Working...
                              X