No announcement yet.

Evan Wessel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like EO has been injured forever. My hyperbole expresses the need for us to get all Shockers healthy by Valley time. Both EO and Wessel have improved and will give us a lift soon if we can get them healthy and on the floor. I love the idea of throwing 12 talented, fresh Shocks at every team in the Valley every solitary game. It will pay dividends and take us places we long to visit.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Baker has been either very good or borderline terrible in most games so far. We need Good Ron to show up Thursday with Evan out.

We are going to see zone, zone, zone, zone and zone against the Vols and somebody needs to bust it wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        Baker has been either very good or borderline terrible in most games so far. We need Good Ron to show up Thursday with Evan out.

We are going to see zone, zone, zone, zone and zone against the Vols and somebody needs to bust it wide open.
        I'm ass/u/ming you're referring to his 3 point shooting, because his overall game has been very solid.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          I'm ass/u/ming you're referring to his 3 point shooting, because his overall game has been very solid.
          Yeah, more or less. His defense was terrible against DePaul and one other game (drawing a blank...Iowa?), but it wasn't due to a lack of hustle and intensity. He will of course become a great player for us.

But we really, really need him to have his outside shooting stroke Thursday.

Comment

We don't need to necessarily shoot our way out of a zone. I've seen several of our players penetrate and bust the zone with the dribble drive. We have some very fast, athletic slashers on this team.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Cue Nick Wiggins
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                LOL

Well one thing's for sure, you can't take my pinky finger because I am an internationally renown hand model. Gotta keep these mitts baby soft.
                Are you Ray McKidney? The, Ray McKidney?

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I don't think that zone will be too much of an issue for our team, either.

Marshall has always preferred to beat a zone by attacking it from the middle and opening an inside-out-in passing lane to a big. Three point shots always struck me as a second option. If we need some more three ball action, Baker, Armstead, Early, VanVleet, Williams and Wiggins can all make them. Armstead in particular is keen at hitting "statement" shots when they are necessary.

This game will be more about not playing down to the competition and getting mired in a 40 point scoring offensive suck off.

Comment

Has Cle been practicing at the 3?
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Three ball stats: 11-24 or 45.8%

Curiously free throw stats: 1-1 or 100%.

Evan has only had one free throw attempt. The least number of attempts by any other starter is 14.

"Curiouser and curiouser" from Alice in Wonderland.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        Three ball stats: 11-24 or 45.8%

Curiously free throw stats: 1-1 or 100%.

Evan has only had one free throw attempt. The least number of attempts by any other starter is 14.

"Curiouser and curiouser" from Alice in Wonderland.
                        Ricky, I'm either old or confused or likely a combination of both... my response to '89 was concerning 'Baker the Maker', not Evan.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm guessing Evan takes the "Nate Funk Medical Red-shirt" this year. Really disappointing given the start Evan has had.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Evan has a couple games to decide if he wants to take a medical redshirt or not. Not sure which way he's gonna go at this point as he is in a lot of pain and has several issues in his pinky to consider.
                            Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            I'm guessing Evan takes the "Nate Funk Medical Red-shirt" this year. Really disappointing given the start Evan has had.

Comment

Ricky, I'm either old or confused or likely a combination of both... my response to '89 was concerning 'Baker the Maker', not Evan.
                              My bad. I was confused again by the title of the thread.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

This is my understanding of the rules regarding potential redshirt for Evan.

Evan can participate in as many as 30% of the teams scheduled games (the MVC tournament counts as one scheduled game) and still be eligible for a medical redshirt. WSU therefore has 32 games scheduled. 30% of 32 is 9.6, which according to rule, gets increased to the next higher integer, i.e.10 games. He has played in 8 games.

He may not play in any game in the second half of the season. With 32 games, that means he may play in any 10 of the first 16, but not participate in any game thereafter. FYI, game 16 is the Jan 9 game vs the Salukis.

In essence, Evan may participate in no more than two of the games against So Miss, UNI, at Drake, at Bradley and So. Ill.

I suspect what might be happening is that we're giving Evan the chance to heal as much as possible and if he is able, he could be used at bradley and versus So. Ill. My reasoning is that that scenario would give his hand as much healing time as possible, but still be able to be tested and play in the maximum games and then decide whether to muster through the remainder of the seasopn, OR stop, have surgery and apply for the redshirt.

The other sensible scenario (to me) is to play Evan in the UNI game and test the finger/hand. Depending on how that goes, he could be rested again until game 16 versus So Ill and decide, after that, what is the best course of action. This would utilize the two test games as our most difficult of the four conference games occurring before the halfway point.

Of course, Evan and Gregg may have totally different ideas, but these two make the most sense to me.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X