I've given up on the Eagle for Shocker BB news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've given up on the Eagle for Shocker BB news

Looks like the Eagle is trying to institute a toll feature on their website. Every time i cclick on an article, I get this annoying popup that doesn't go away. When I try to closer it, it takes me back to the website.

Pleawe, for all you folks that live in Wichita, if you see something interesting in the Eagle that you might think us out-of-towners find interesting, please post a link to it.

They don't have that kink worked out yet, but I bet they're working on it.....

delete your cookies and browsing history then try again

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      delete your cookies and browsing history then try again
      That worked once, and even though I blocked cookies for the site, it came back. What I do, quickly as soon as the article appears, hit CTL+A and then right click and "copy", then paste it into Word and read to my heart's content.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

lol that annoying "kink"? It's them trying to charge 6.95 per month to view articles on kansas.com I saw that same thing. Did you not read the pop up?

Comment

In terms of ad clutter, intrusiveness and annoyance, the Wichita Eagle is second only to the Dallas Morning News.

I greatly dislike the Eagle site.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Bookmark Shockwaves. Com written by Eagle sportswriter, Paul Suellentrop. He does a great job of covering WSU men's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
              Bookmark Shockwaves. Com written by Eagle sportswriter, Paul Suellentrop. He does a great job of covering WSU men's basketball.
              Agreed, but it doesn't resolve the pop-up subscription request problem.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Install AdBlocker on your browser. Kills all the ads and pop-ups. My browsing has never been more enjoyable.
                Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

I don't get any of what you guys are talking about...guess I'm special.

Comment

Me neither. I just went on-line to the Eagle and had no problems whatsoever.

Comment

It has nothing to do with a lack of ad blockers or anything because I used to read kansas.com articles all the time from here in Denver. But all of a sudden I noticed it wanted me to sign in and pay for a subscription. I dont understand how some people dont see this because it should be an across the board change. Some articles are free I think though.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                        It has nothing to do with a lack of ad blockers or anything because I used to read kansas.com articles all the time from here in Denver. But all of a sudden I noticed it wanted me to sign in and pay for a subscription. I dont understand how some people dont see this because it should be an across the board change. Some articles are free I think though.
                        I started a thread in the off topic forum regarding this issue. Several recommendations were made to clear the cache and browser history and you'll be able to read the online edition again. It does work. I will start getting the pop up subscription message where I will then clear the cache and history and it will work again.

Comment

This should maybe be moved to the off topic forum in case an Eagle rep happens to be passing through and let's everyone know there's a "glitch" in their system..
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                          X