Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Stutz

I posted this info in the Recruiting forum under Recruits Games of Interest, but since everyone is obsessed with the Marshall "controversy", I thought I would mention that Garrett Stutz scored 32 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and blocked 11 shots in a 74-59 victory over Ruskin in the Championship game of the North Kansas City Invitational tournament (today?).

If you have Metro Sports on your cable system, the game will be broadcast at 11pm. Channel 30.

It's hard to believe that Coach Marshall would leave a recruit like that behind... (not to extend the pain of another thread on that topic..)..

Just wanted to put an FYI out here...

Watching the highlights now.... first highlight was Garrett knocking down a 3... later he he hits a shot under the basket sitting on his A$$!
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Actually it would be Coach and his son because his son basically reeled him in

Comment

If he did leave, wouldn't he ask Stutz to follow him to SC. Would WSU release him from his letter of intent? I dunno, but is it a possibility?

Comment

of course it's a possibility. Garrett signed because of his kid and will probably follow him

Comment

I don't know why I'm even thinking about this, but I would not be surprised if Garrett came to WSU regardless of who our coach is. Knowing what type of person he is and the close proximity is in our favor, IMO.

And man, what a great game for Mr. Stutz!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            of course it's a possibility. Garrett signed because of his kid and will probably follow him
            You know, I love the story and it's cute and all, but I seriously doubt the sole reason why he signed with us was because of GM's son. Gimme a break. Now, I will say that after hanging around GM and his family and viewed GM's family values I think GS was impressed and created a neat way to break the news to GM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
              If he did leave, wouldn't he ask Stutz to follow him to SC. Would WSU release him from his letter of intent? I dunno, but is it a possibility?
              Anything is possible, but one of Stutz primary criteria for a school was to be close to home... so more than likely, he would open his recruiting back up and go somewhere else... like Creighton..... perish the thought.....

I'm betting this is not an issue come Monday.... how Coach and his family would leave Garrett behind, given the commitment he made to them (Coach has said he's a guy you build a program around)....

Again, anything is possible, but I'm going positive...

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                You know, I love the story and it's cute and all, but I seriously doubt the sole reason why he signed with us was because of GM's son. Gimme a break. Now, I will say that after hanging around GM and his family and viewed GM's family values I think GS was impressed and created a neat way to break the news to GM.
                I was at the pep rally for the UMKC game and sat at the table with the Stutz family for a while.. When they first came in the boys all hung out with little Marshall and some other kids before they did anything...

The connection with the family is real...and it was evident that the good things said about the Stutz family are genuine....

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                  Anything is possible, but one of Stutz primary criteria for a school was to be close to home... so more than likely, he would open his recruiting back up and go somewhere else... like Creighton..... perish the thought.....

I'm betting this is not an issue come Monday.... how Coach and his family would leave Garrett behind, given the commitment he made to them (Coach has said he's a guy you build a program around)....

Again, anything is possible, but I'm going positive...
                  i know from garrets father bill.
                  who is the president of the FCA orginization
                  that wichita states FCA was a huge part of his decision.
                  "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                  CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

FCA?

I should know that acronym, but it escapes me....
                    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                    Students > Alumni
                    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's The Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                        FCA?

I should know that acronym, but it escapes me....
                        Fellowship of Christian Athletes
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

That's what I thought, but nowadays acronyms can be anything...

Think Garrett will be involved in any way with other ministry groups on campus?
                          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                          Students > Alumni
                          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                            Joco -

For the record, Creighton never really recruited Stutz all that hard from what I have heard. However, the Red Scourge down in Lincoln did put a true full court press on him and was pretty disappointed in losing him.

Comment

I can't recall CU being mentioned either, just Kentucky, NU and the NBA franchise in Manhattan, Kansas. How he could turn down their contract offer to remain an amatuer is baffling.

Comment

Working...
                              X