Mvc tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mvc tourney

Ayone have insights on when i would need to reserve a room to get in on the wsu room block at the team hotel? Also, what sort of discount does the hotel provide? I usually wait too late and am scrambling to find a room. Thanks.

Discount? Lol The Westin downtown (unless I'm having a brain freeze) is the home for the team etc in St Louis and has been for several years now.

You will NOT get a discount if you identify yourself as a WSU or MVC person. As an example, if you go to Hotels.com and search for next week, you'll get a quote around $120 a night, discounted from a REGULAR rate of $179. Well last year's rate at the Westin was 20-30% MORE than their regular rate (around $230 if I remember correctly). This is the love we get from St. Louis. Come to St. Louis and we'll butt **** you for more than we get at any other time of the year because you don't have a choice.

In my humble opinion, do not stay downtown. Stay elsewhere and drive in. And don't go to the arena hungry where you'll be hammered again with Boston Garden NBA Final pricing. I really hate the MVC and St Louis for this, if you couldn't tell.

Comment

I bet Kansas City would be a little more accommodating all the way around.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

You can currently snag rooms at the Missouri Athletic Club for $78/nt or the Millenium for $129/nt.

Both of those are under a mile from Scottrade.

Comment

Thanks. I've been going over 1o yrs but never stayednatnthe team hotel. I thought they might have some sort of deal for the room blocks, but i guess not. Millineum is a dump, been there done that. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Thanks. I've been going over 1o yrs but never stayednatnthe team hotel. I thought they might have some sort of deal for the room blocks, but i guess not. Millineum is a dump, been there done that. Thanks for the tips.
            You might consider the Pear Tree. It is a four block walk to the arena. Rate is around $100. I got off my lazy butt and checked. My rate is $108.

I have stayed there before, when it was under a different flag. Pear Tree is owned by Drury. Drury runs a pretty nice operation. It will be similar to Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn.

Under the previous ownership, it had a shuttle for fans. It was pretty handy and efficient. Hotel to arena. No other stops.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

............and they offer karaoke on both friday and saturday evenings..

Comment

I just checked and the Pear Tree is all booked up that weekend
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

If you have a larger party, the Residence Inn works well. They have a shuttle to everything nearby.

Comment

Stayed at a Holiday Inn express SW of downtown. Got a great rate and just 10-15 minutes drive from the arena. Parked across from the Westin for something like $8 and came early for all the festivities. Walked to arena, restaurants, bars, etc. with ease. Paying a ridiculous premium at the team hotel is a non-starter, IMO.

--'85.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      If you have a larger party, the Residence Inn works well. They have a shuttle to everything nearby.
                      How much for the Residence Inn?

Comment

Depends whether it is a studio, one bed room or two bedroom.

For several years, 6 or more of us have shared a two bedroom suite. It had a kitchen, living room etc. I think it was about $200-225 a night, but split three ways it worked out well. And there are two bathrooms. And with six guys, you get a lot of options for spooning.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          Depends whether it is a studio, one bed room or two bedroom.

For several years, 6 or more of us have shared a two bedroom suite. It had a kitchen, living room etc. I think it was about $200-225 a night, but split three ways it worked out well. And there are two bathrooms. And with six guys, you get a lot of options for spooning.
                          Of course ABC usually looks for the positive in a situation.

Go Shocks!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                          X