EO in the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EO in the gym

I've heard several comments from time to time about EO "setting records in the weight room". I've lifted some fairly heavy weights in my lifetime and know what a disadvantage it is to be tall with long arms when doing so. It takes much more energy to move a weight as the length of your limbs increase. This makes EO's achievements in the gym amazing if not hard to believe. EO would be at a huge disadvantage on the squat or bench against someone like Tekele Cotton. Does anybody know what EO's lifting numbers are and also what his wingspan is?

Thanks in advance!

T

...:cool:

No. (Feel free to tell us. :D )
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

He can lift quite a bit.

Comment

Can we rename this thread to "@C0|dB|00ded:'s Alternative Lifestyle Experiment"?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Actually he lifted the whole team against Iowa

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
            Actually he lifted the whole team against Iowa
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Depends on what lifts your talking about
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

When EO goes to the NBA combines (he will), they will look at his speed from baseline to baseline. They will look at his vertical. They will look at his reps at 185 lb. bench press.

We pretty much know how he will do in the sprints and verticals. There was an article about a year ago reporting on the Shox in the weight room. As I recall, Orukpe was right around the NBA record for reps in the bench press.

Under Marshall, the procedure is 1) Play D, 2) Learn the offensive system, 3) Work on shooting. This is probably the first year Orukpe has a chance to work on shooting and shot selection. I don't think that fact is going to be lost on NBA scouts. Orukpe is going be off the charts in the athleticism metrics at the combines. I think some NBA team will draft him - even if it's just to make sure another team doesn't get him and groom him and then they have to play against him.

If there's anything EO needs in the gym, it would be lower body strength and bulk. His center of graavity is a little on the high side and his upper body is overdeveloped compared to his lower body. It's not that I've seen his legs, but you can tell from contact that he's probably a little top heavy for his height.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

EO did 26 reps on the 185 lb bench back in October 2011, 6 shy of Mo Evans' team record of 32. Paul Miller held the second best mark with 31, and PJ Cousinard had 26 as well I think. Rosenboom's on record as saying EO will beat Evans' mark easily by the time he graduates- I'd love to see an update from Sully on how many reps he hit this fall.

Comment

How was your night on Wednesday, Cold?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                      EO did 26 reps on the 185 lb bench back in October 2011, 6 shy of Mo Evans' team record of 32. Paul Miller held the second best mark with 31, and PJ Cousinard had 26 as well I think. Rosenboom's on record as saying EO will beat Evans' mark easily by the time he graduates- I'd love to see an update from Sully on how many reps he hit this fall.
                      Thanks for the info! So I see the measurement is a bit more about endurance than pure power. That makes more sense and is still very impressive. For some reason I was just not able to envision EO benching 405.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      How was your night on Wednesday, Cold?
                      It was good man! I was out on the town and and was cheering every time MK called EO getting the block. My passengers thought I was crazy. It was definitely a Nigerian Nightmare kind of night... :)

T

...:cool:

Comment

Cold, we love your enthusiasm!!
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                        X