X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Metrics (2012-13 Season)

Comparison of Shocker Metrics for 2011-12 and 2012-13 Seasons

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by SB Shock; November 22, 2012, 06:17 PM.

Capture.JPG
    FG% - Field Goal Pct
    Opp FG% - Opponent FG Pct
    3pt% - Three Pt FG Pct
    Opp 3pt% - Three Pt FG Pct Opponent
    A/TO - Assist to Turnovers
    Opp TO/Gm - Opponent Turnover per Gm
    Blk/Gm - Blocks per Game
    Reb Diff - Rebound Differential (+ Good, - Bad)
    TO Diff - Turnover Differential (+ Good, - bad)

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Comparison of Shocker Metrics for 2011-12 and 2012-13 Seasons

[ATTACH=CONFIG]488[/ATTACH]
      Extra nice charts. What is measured by the graphs, which are on the bottom right? The answer is probably as plain as the nose on my face, but I cannot see it.

Never mind. I could not see the right margin. When I click on the attachment, now I can see it.

Never mind #2. Now I see said the blind man. The descriptors for the ordinate and abscissa are incorrect for the lower right chart. Each descriptor should be on the opposite axis.
      Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; November 22, 2012, 11:55 PM.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I see what you are talking about. I made change to that chart - see if this make more sense.

Capture.JPG

Comment

SB Shock,

You know me. I love speaking with facts. Speaking with facts will never go out of style except in politics.

Great charts.

RDR
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Good stuff. I hope the stats I looked at on CBS sports are accurate but I want to add something.

If its really true that Wessel and DWill are shooting a good percent from 3 and its Baker, Cle, Cotton and Wiggins who are currently holding our 3 point shooting percentage down where it is....I am certain we are going to get that back up where it needs to be.

Comment

With the end of the non-conference season, we pretty much know the character of this team so I thought it would be a good time to update the Shocker metrics.

metric1.JPG

First chart compares the shooting between this year and last year. Overall WSU is worse shooting team, especially in the area of 3pt shot. WSU defense is holding their opponents to slightly worse % compared to last year team.

In the 2nd chart, WSU is not as good at the FT line as they were last year. Their opponents are shooting nearly the same.

Comment

metric3.JPG

In Chart compares the assist/turnovers (A/TO), Opponent Turnovers/game (Opp To/Gm), Steals per game and Blocks/game. WSU this year is forcing more turnovers and steals and blocks than least year team.

The 2nd chart compares and contrast WSU scoring offense and scoring defense between this year and last year team. Although this year team is not as good at scoring, the difference is their scoring defense is significantly better. This is not a fluke, as you will see in the next set of charts.

Comment

metric 2.JPG
                  WSU has increased their Rebound differential significantly this year and their turnover differential slightly.

In the 2nd chart shows how WSU offense scored versus what their opponent normally allowed and how shows how well the Shocker Defense is holding their opponents versus their season average. WSU scoring defense has improved significantly compared to last year and is holding their opponents -8.6 points below their average (compared to -4.6 pts last year). WSU offense is not as good as last year, but is scoring a respectable +6 points more than what their opponent normally gives up (down from +9.1 last year).

If WSU defense can maintain their intensity throughout the season, and improve their 3pt shooting and take care of the ball a little better there is no reason why this team offensive numbers can't get better and then this team can be really dangerous.

Comment

That is some pretty nice stuff. Thanks and have a merry Christmas one and all.

Comment

Working...
                    X