Here comes Cleanathony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here comes Cleanathony!

Towards the end of the first half you could see Cleanthony had an epiphany. Something clicked and he realized he was the best player on the court and then he decided that his team was going to win! It was a thing of beauty! Sure Early scored 21 earlier this year and has been a consistent provider, but last night he decided to take charge in a big way, from deep, driving the rack, whatever he wanted to do. I hope that mentality sticks and it wasn't just a one game aberration because this guy is special. Sure, we all knew he could be special, but I think Cle figured it out, and he did it BEFORE Thanksgiving!

By the way, great minutes from Wiggins last night. I kept my eye on him the entire 5 minute spurt he played. The offense, defense, hustle and rebounding were all there. He's going to be deadly after Christmas!
    Livin the dream

Totally agree with this. Nick just needs a little more fire on defense - things like sprinting down the court after a made basket will go a long way.

Gotta give props to Cotton too. He was playing tentative in the first couple of games. Now he's flying around like Superman. At some point in my life, I would like to see him in a boxing ring. He has that Smokin Joe look

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
      Totally agree with this. Nick just needs a little more fire on defense - things like sprinting down the court after a made basket will go a long way.

Gotta give props to Cotton too. He was playing tentative in the first couple of games. Now he's flying around like Superman. At some point in my life, I would like to see him in a boxing ring. He has that Smokin Joe look
      I have been trying to think of an apt description for Tekele, but you did it perfectly.

He has really ripped up, since last season.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

What helped Early in his 3-pt shooting last night was what HCGM told him. "He said you're rushing your shot. You need to relax." (paraphrase) This was mentioned by Early in his postgame interview with Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          What helped Early in his 3-pt shooting last night was what HCGM told him. "He said you're rushing your shot. You need to relax." (paraphrase) This was mentioned by Early in his postgame interview with Mike.
          Good point. Cle has had some nice games as a Shocker, but last night was the first time he's looked truly CONFIDENT when shooting. Here's hoping it sticks.

Comment

When Cle' took May baseline, rocked, I mean cradled, the ball in his right hand, elevated, took contact, switched to his left and finished the and 1, I knew he had arrived, and announced his presence with authority.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              When Cle' took May baseline, rocked, I mean cradled, the ball in his right hand, elevated, took contact, switched to his left and finished the and 1, I knew he had arrived, and announced his presence with authority.
              That particular play is one you see at the next level (nba) and seldom in college except for a gifted few. The next two years watching him is going to be great. Is it too soon to invoke similarities to AC or CL?

Comment

A "slimmer AC." AC was pretty quick before bulking up in his Sr. year and later.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have three legitimate NBA prospects on our roster... Cle' is definitely one of them.

T

...:cool:

Comment

10-15 pounds of Kerry R muscle. Whew!
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Cle can do things normal humans only dream about. I haven't seen a player like him in the MVC in a long, long time. I've seen players like him playing for some of the elite teams. Those players tend to not finish college.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have three legitimate NBA prospects on our roster... Cle' is definitely one of them.

T

...:cool:

Agree on Early. Interested in who the other 2 are?

Comment

EO, and either NW or RB
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Great pub for Cle': Link
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

More

Comment

Working...
                              X