Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This team has 50 steals and 34 blocks in 6 games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team has 50 steals and 34 blocks in 6 games!

Am I reading that right?

I love it :)

Not only that, but I believe we are dominating points in the paint so far also. Sure seems like every game we have outscored the opponent by alot in the paint.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Get the latest news and information for the Wichita State Shockers. 2023 season schedule, scores, stats, and highlights. Find out the latest on your favorite NCAAB teams on CBSSports.com.

CBS rpi has us at 48 now. I know it's early but it's definitely going in the right direction!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...state-shockers

CBS rpi has us at 48 now. I know it's early but it's definitely going in the right direction!
        Yes it is. SIU is #31, Air Force #3, and Belmont #1.

Comment

I have a feeling ours might stay up there a little longer than those though :)

Comment

After 6 games last year, we had 24 blocks and 42 steals. With 1-2 more blocks and 1-2 more steals a game than last year, that could be the different between a close win and a close loss.

Comment

And last years team was a great team too. You're talking about one of the best teams we've had in years and this team is almost ten more in both categories. We may have some other problems to work out but I thought it was a fun stat.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                After 6 games last year, we had 24 blocks and 42 steals. With 1-2 more blocks and 1-2 more steals a game than last year, that could be the different between a close win and a close loss.
                I think you could already put VCU in that category where it made that difference. That's probably a game that we narrowly lose last year, a la Temple or the NCAA tournament game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  In the case of us playing such durable D. versus a very athletic VCU team, we 'scratched out' a close win at their barn. All 3 games with VCU was down to the wire but yet it was This team that pulled off the W. even though they returned 4 starters. Rebounds, blocked shots and steals=more possessions=more road wins=more close wins. Therefore, the formula we all learned in Algebra about 'pie r squared' now can also be expanded to include punkin pie with whipped cream and the rock R round. Can u dig it? Groooooovy!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Therefore, the formula we all learned in Algebra about 'pie r squared' now can also be expanded to include punkin pie with whipped cream and the rock R round. Can u dig it? Graaaaavy!!!!!!!
                    Sorry, couldn't resist fixing that one for you.

I doubt there are "points in the paint" stats kept that are readily available, but this team seems to be off the charts in points in the paint margin. When it comes to preventing easy buckets, this is one of tjhe best Shocker teams ever.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      In the case of us playing such durable D. versus a very athletic VCU team, we 'scratched out' a close win at their barn. All 3 games with VCU was down to the wire but yet it was This team that pulled off the W. even though they returned 4 starters. Rebounds, blocked shots and steals=more possessions=more road wins=more close wins. Therefore, the formula we all learned in Algebra about 'pie r squared' now can also be expanded to include punkin pie with whipped cream and the rock R round. Can u dig it? Groooooovy!!!!!!!
                      Graaaavvyy! and turkey and potatos and pumpkin pie

Comment

Added 12 steals last night and 3 blocks (all Carl). 12 steals puts us at 62. The best part about 12 last night? Armstead had zero.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          Added 12 steals last night and 3 blocks (all Carl). 12 steals puts us at 62. The best part about 12 last night? Armstead had zero.
                          Anyone know where that ranks us, or know where we can find that out?
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            Anyone know where that ranks us, or know where we can find that out?
                            tied for 25
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Interesting that we have played 3 of the teams above us on the list. Our backcourt has handles.

Comment

Working...
                              X