Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From today's Kenpom blog - Carl MVC player of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From today's Kenpom blog - Carl MVC player of the year?

Unbeatens remaining: 63 (9 fewer than yesterday). Wichita State, you’re 5-0 after beating DePaul in Mexico, and you have yet to embarrass me and the shockingly high preseason rating I gave you. To show my gratitude, I’m at the ready to start the campaign for Carl Hall as MVC POY.

Comment

What was his preseason rating for the Shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
        Unbeatens remaining: 63 (9 fewer than yesterday). Wichita State, you’re 5-0 after beating DePaul in Mexico, and you have yet to embarrass me and the shockingly high preseason rating I gave you. To show my gratitude, I’m at the ready to start the campaign for Carl Hall as MVC POY.
        We know the MVC POY is already pretty much cooked into the books and Dougie can have it. I am much more interested in winning another league championship and it is about time we won in St. Louis. If we do that I can live with or without whatever individual honors our guys achieve or lose out on.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 21, 2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          We know the MVC POY is already pretty much cooded into the books and Dougie can have it. I am much more interested in winning another league championship and it is about time we won in St. Louis. If we do that I can live with or without whatever individual honors our guys achieve.
          Agreed. I firmly believe Creighton has the best player in the Valley, but that we have the best team.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
            What was his preseason rating for the Shocks?
            44 I believe. He was heavily criticized as most prognosticators had us between 80 and 150.
            Livin the dream

Comment

SofC (son of chewie) might be a better scorer, but Beast is a better player.. hence PLAYER of the year. SofC is soooo one-dimensional.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  SofC (son of chewie) might be a better scorer, but Beast is a better player. SofC is soooo one-dimensional.
                  Good counter point.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    SofC (son of chewie) might be a better scorer, but Beast is a better player.. hence PLAYER of the year. SofC is soooo one-dimensional.

T

...:cool:
                    While that may true, one voters see a sexy scoring average all those other things are simply ignored. Pretty much been that way forever.

Comment

POY is Dougies to lose. Just like the Conference Championship was their's to lose last year. Oh, wait......................
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

You know the media machine is pushing Dougie for All-American, first team, not just honorable mention. How would it look for an AA not to win his own conference POY? I think it would be tough for Carl to win a tight race, but ill take the Beast anyday.

Comment

One the is certain, for Carl to be selected MVC POY the Shocks have to win the MVC league championship. We have the latter without the former, and I would take that in a heartbeat. Would love to see both but all the individual awards will take care of themselves if you lead your team to success.

Comment

Moved.

Comment

Or is Early going to be the big competition against Dougie? Can't wait to see it play out.

Comment

Working...
                              X