Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Not-So-Secret Scrimmage: vs. Oklahoma State (Oct. 12th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I HOPE we won and are better than last year.

We were 14-19 last season. We have 9 fourth, fifth or sixth year guys on the roster this fall. OSU is picked 14 of 16 teams in the Big 12.

The three teams that left our conference for the B12 are picked 2, 6 & 11.

So yeah, if we can't beat the 14th place team in the B12 (and frankly ANY conference), a team picked behind 3 teams that 2 years ago we were competing with regularly, with a roster chock full of grown men, then there's not much hope for a future for men's basketball here.
      I… mostly agree.

Everything is somewhat of a crapshoot anymore imo, so getting some good news early makes me feel better.

Sounds as if Matej didn’t play. Need to find a way to get him
      on the court.

Comment

If it turns out that Matej can't play (and as of today, I have exactly ZERO confidence that he will) then someone in Athletics needs to write HB a full tuition check, and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          If it turns out that Matej can't play (and as of today, I have exactly ZERO confidence that he will) then someone in Athletics needs to write HB a full tuition check, and then some.
          They need to play him and give the NCAA the double hanger.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

"According to a source, WSU didn’t shoot particularly well in the scrimmage, but succeeded by racking up offensive rebounds and cashing in on free throws.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article293952884.html#storylink=cpy​"
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Comment

So we may still suck at shooting? That's encouragin.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  So we may still suck at shooting? That's encouragin.
                  At least we’re not trying to fool ourselves saying we’re a great shooting team. Feels like the first time in a decade almost.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                    "According to a source, WSU didn’t shoot particularly well in the scrimmage, but succeeded by racking up offensive rebounds and cashing in on free throws.​"
                    * ut oh *

Well .... there's always next year.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So Beverly and Bell are still chuckin’.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        Thanks Reaper! Non Eagle link for us low tech folks:
                        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah View Post

Thanks Reaper! Non Eagle link for us low tech folks:
                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ge/ar-AA1sfMUX
                          Thanks. I always appreciate these non-subscriber links.

Comment

HCPM had a full recruiting cycle to correct the roster's shooting issues. No excuse if the team sucks at shooting for the umpteenth year in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              HCPM had a full recruiting cycle to correct the roster's shooting issues. No excuse if the team sucks at shooting for the umpteenth year in a row.
                              Reports are that their free throw shooting was good. My memory may be wrong, but it seems to me that free throw shooting was atrocious last year. If they’ve solved that problem that will go a long way to improving the team. Three point shooting will sometimes come and go, but shooting free throws should be consistently good. Without seeing the scrimmage, I don’t have an opinion yet on individual player minutes. Meeks didn’t participate, and he may be one of the answers to solving their perimeter shooting. The Croatian Center also may be an answer, as may the Georgia PG transfer. I don’t have any confidence in their returning players being decent (33-35%)perimeter shooters.

Comment

People may want to consider how much we respect and appreciate the great coverage we get in the Eagle from Taylor Eldridge and realize that by not taking an online subscription you are contributing to it becoming extinct in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X