No announcement yet.

2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Falltime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This preview article for the AAC has Wichita State finishing 3rd in the conference behind only Memphis and UAB. Corey Washington highlighted as an impact player.
    Get in-depth insights and analysis of all 13 American Athletic Conference basketball teams with projected standings, starters, and awards in our 2024 preview.

Comment

If Meeks and Bosnjiak are no gos, I think I would have to drastically change my prediction for the year.

Comment

Play Bosnjiak. Period. Nearly every other school in the country plays ineligible players. Some of them end up forfeiting those games. Fans want to be entertained with good basketball. If he's one of the better players I would hope he would play. Another "no-show" or "late-approval" on the transfer thing and I think some fans may look elsewhere for their entertainment. Makes it look like someone just isn't doing their job very well at WSU.

Win games. Put butts in the seats. Try and remedy the financial hit the program has taken. Maybe the fact that WSU is playing someone who may not be eligible puts WSU in the spotlight, and draws attention to the inequalities between (perceived) major college programs and everyone else. Or just sue the NCAA, I mean, yeah, it's a long line of lawsuits at the moment, but I'm not really sure what the point of the NCAA is anymore.

Hard to believe WSU started 7-1 before the 8 game losing streak. WSU was 6-6 in their final 12 games. But nearly all of those losses were by 10+ points. Hopefully that screams missed shots, lack of rebounding, and failing to realize what a big moment can be in the game - like when that 4-5 point deficit balloons to 10 and everyone starts to panic. I just hope they can find a way to shoot the ball better and find 2 or 3 guys who can be counted on in clutch moments to bring that 4 point deficit into a tie ball game. the win against Memphis was cathartic, and hopefully showed exactly what kind of effort it takes to win a tough ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          If Meeks and Bosnjiak are no gos, I think I would have to drastically change my prediction for the year.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Comment

Without the 2 big men, you can shelve the hope.

Remember, it's the hope that kills you.

Comment

I agree with Wu.........again. So what is the nature of Meeks' injury and the timeline for return? Timeline for a Matej decision? Who plays QB's backup if both can't play?? RD I guess.

Comment

I was concerned about Meeks durability when they recruited him, but hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy, although staying healthy hasn't been something that stands out in his career.

As for as Bosnjak is concerned, I simply don't understand why it takes the NCAA so long to make a decision on these things. It's crazy and unacceptable for them to hold players and programs hostage to their incompetent bureaucracy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I was concerned about Meeks durability when they recruited him, but hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy, although staying healthy hasn't been something that stands out in his career.

As for as Bosnjak is concerned, I simply don't understand why it takes the NCAA so long to make a decision on these things. It's crazy and unacceptable for them to hold players and programs hostage to their incompetent bureaucracy.
                    At this point, I’m not really sure we can blame the NCAA without looking internally. This is a recurring issue. Someone in our athletics department is god awful at their job of getting these kids waivers, and needs to be replaced. It’s hurt us on so many levels so many different times.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

At this point, I’m not really sure we can blame the NCAA without looking internally. This is a recurring issue. Someone in our athletics department is god awful at their job of getting these kids waivers, and needs to be replaced. It’s hurt us on so many levels so many different times.
                      If I was a kid needing a waiver... No way in hell I'd consider coming to WSU. We don't know what we are doing there apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If I was a kid needing a waiver... No way in hell I'd consider coming to WSU. We don't know what we are doing there apparently
                        Or only the P5 teams, especially the Blue Bloods that get a fair shake.

Comment

KWCH preseason story with video:
                          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                          X