Tad Boyle can coach....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tad Boyle can coach....

...nice win over #16 Baylor today....class act who I have to think learned a ton of his stuff here...

Not only can Tad Coach, he can recruit!!! He was instrumental here in helping us recruit in some fine players.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Not only can Tad Coach, he can recruit!!! He was instrumental here in helping us recruit in some fine players.
      So you're saying it is a good thing to have a coach who can...well...coach and recruit. Huuuuummmm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        So you're saying it is a good thing to have a coach who can...well...coach and recruit. Huuuuummmm!!!
        Yes SHOXMVC, we learned that here at 21st and Hillside 'the hard way' many moons ago before Mr. Boyle arrived. Sometimes I get so deep in my heedfulness and logic to the point that So-crates might just accuse me being a 'king of the palpable' and ask folk like you to wear hip-waders when reading these free and frequent tidbits.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, how about his ass now scheduling us.

Comment

If it is true that Schaus told Tad that he would not succeed Mark Turegon, that was a major fail by Mr. Schaus.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
              If it is true that Schaus told Tad that he would not succeed Mark Turegon, that was a major fail by Mr. Schaus.
              In the moment your correct. The outcome has worked out for both parties. I will always be grateful to Tad for his years of service at 21st and Hillside. He is a class guy and will always root for him in the future.

Comment

So Boyle > Marshall?

If that's a fail by Schaus, that still puts him well behind the Fail List of his replacement.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  So Boyle > Marshall?

If that's a fail by Schaus, that still puts him well behind the Fail List of his replacement.
                  Coach Boyle is equal to Coach Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    Coach Boyle is equal to Coach Marshall.
                    Even if that's true in general, DSB -- and certainly there are those who would question it -- it absolutely is NOT TRUE AT WSU, because there's no way Boyle would have turned down the temptation of the head coaching job at his home state's flagship school. Marshall, on the other hand, has already done so and shows no signs of interest in leaving, whereas Boyle would almost certainly have been Eddie Fogler, Jr., in terms of his longevity.

None of that is to disparage Boyle, by the way -- he's obviously a very fine coach (and, while he's at it, needs to schedule WSU). But having a superior coach doesn't help you nearly as much if you can't keep him, which is why Marshall was the perfect choice for WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Even if that's true in general, DSB -- and certainly there are those who would question it -- it absolutely is NOT TRUE AT WSU, because there's no way Boyle would have turned down the temptation of the head coaching job at his home state's flagship school. Marshall, on the other hand, has already done so and shows no signs of interest in leaving, whereas Boyle would almost certainly have been Eddie Fogler, Jr., in terms of his longevity.

None of that is to disparage Boyle, by the way -- he's obviously a very fine coach (and, while he's at it, needs to schedule WSU). But having a superior coach doesn't help you nearly as much if you can't keep him, which is why Marshall was the perfect choice for WSU.
                      I'm talking coaching. All things equal, they are both great coaches, good guys, and I question how easily Coach Boyle would have left.

We'll never know.

Comment

I wanted Boyle. I'm glad we got Marshall!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Not if Schaus knew or believed it was Boyles intention to get back to Colorado as soon as possible.
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Tad Boyle equal to HCGM?

Uhhhhhhh

November 17, 2011

Wichita State 67 --- Colorado 58

And that's with the advantages of being in a superior conference and none of the stigma of recruiting out of the MVC. Boyle is a good coach, but we never recruited the kind of players while he was here that HCGM is currently recruiting. If Boyle would have taken over for Turd, there would have been more of the same type of players. I like the current players better........

T

...:cool:

Comment

Cold...

Coach Marshall = Coach Boyle

Wichita State > Colorado

Comment

Working...
                              X