Impressions from the game:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Remember when we would play a "Big East" kind of game and our guys would get shell-shocked by all of the physicallity and the uncalled fouls? This is a different bunch. Now we will be the bullies, not the bullied.
    I spoke with one of the assistant coaches prior to the season starting and his exact words were and I quote.. "our guys have had tattoos since the 5th grade..we're thuggin"

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      I spoke with one of the assistant coaches prior to the season starting and his exact words were and I quote.. "our guys have had tattoos since the 5th grade..we're thuggin"
      That had to be Heiar
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        That had to be Heiar
        It wasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          Is Tekele still nursing an injury?
          Personally, I think his back is still bothering him some by the way he moves.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            FVV was better this time. Armstead cannot shoot. In conference, they will reeeeeaaaaly sag of him.
            Yeah, it sucks that Malcolm can't shoot. Imagine what would have happened at the end of that VCU game if HE had taken the shot. Keep the ball out of his hands.

Comment

My grandmother has a lower back tat of Liberace - not sure that is the barometer of "thuggin" anymore . . .

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                Personally, I think his back is still bothering him some by the way he moves.
                Could be, because his torso is still heavily wrapped. Not sure what is going on with his left hand which is also wrapped.

OTOH, he certainly didn't look too inhibited on that tomahawk dunk posterization he delivered in the NCCU game.

The play I liked most from Tekele last night was that he made a terrible play on the offensive end that I think resulted in a turnvover. I don't remember the details of that today. What a do remember was that on the ensuing WCU possession Tekele made a steal and drove the length of the court for a layup. I like that kind of response from a kid.

Comment

It wasnt.
                  Struck me as something he might say based off of what little interaction I've had with him.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    Yeah, it sucks that Malcolm can't shoot. Imagine what would have happened at the end of that VCU game if HE had taken the shot. Keep the ball out of his hands.
                    He is shooting just under 37% from the field and is 0-9 from deep. I'm not sure how many jump shots he's hit outside of the big one at VCU. He does need to be able to hit a jump shot a little more frequently. We knew he wasn't a great shooter, but he needs to work on it.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      I am obliged to tell you before I answer your question that I am a diviner, I can see the future. Rest assured Malcolm would have made the shot if, and only if, he would have taken it in reality. Glad I could help.

Comment

We will have to see how it goes for Malcolm. I don't expect him to be a great shooter. However, I will say that even an experienced player will have an adjustment period getting re-oriented to game speed after sittin out a year.

The Shockers in general haven't been outstanding from the perimeter this year, although I thing we have some capable guys. Shot selection and patience in running the offense will be the key to getting more consistent perimerter shooting IMHO.

Comment

Does anyone else think we are about to see nick wiggins have a monster game like cle just did?

I think wiggins might appear with significant minutes out of no where and answer all the shooting concerns.

He played in the system and looked just fine last night, and I really doubt it will be much longer before we see him come out. I wouldnt be surprised if it is Saturday. I would enjoy that at least. Having seen how Howard did in their last game, we might get to see more of the second wave in this game

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            Does anyone else think we are about to see nick wiggins have a monster game like cle just did?
                            No.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              No.
                              I wasn't playing close attention to him but he didn't look bad and I do think he's going to be good. I'm thinking about the tournament and fact that it is Howard. Maybe wiggins won't be the one, but I wouldn't be surprised if somebody other than hall, early or baker has quite the game tomorrow. I'd also like to see baker get his shot back on track tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                I wasn't playing close attention to him but he didn't look bad and I do think he's going to be good. I'm thinking about the tournament and fact that it is Howard. Maybe wiggins won't be the one, but I wouldn't be surprised if somebody other than hall, early or baker has quite the game tomorrow. I'd also like to see baker get his shot back on track tomorrow.
                                I agree on Baker. Wiggins certainly looked better last night, but it's quite a stretch to predict at any point this year he will break out with a 21 point performance. I don't see that coming at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X