No announcement yet.

Impressions from the game:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Cle looked really good last night. He will be a force for us. Free throws what can I say thank god they were falling. I'm really liking this team,once they get use to playing together it's going to be pretty exciting. I found Marshall's thoughts on the game, if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.kwch.com/videogallery/733...ts#pl-62895756

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      EO's one TO, iirc, was after somebody (Baker?) absolutely set him up with a perfect pass that he just didn't handle. It was a thing of beauty until EO fumbled it.
      And that travel was caused by a push in the back from the defender behind him. It was right in front of me
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'll take what we got from EO every single game. As others have said his stats don't tell the whole story. His disruptive presence on defense is a very valuable commodity that not many teams can bring to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          We dominated the rebounding margin 33-20.

With Baker only scoring 3 points on 1-5 shooting, some may think he had a bad game. 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 tournover...great defense and overall good floor game. Isn't it nice not to have to depend on any one guy.

Hall was Hall...what a beast.

Early is paying dividends "earlier" than what we might have thought. What a talent!

Wessel was tough once again. Has his shooting touch improved, or what?

I thought EO had one more assist than he got credit for, but oh well. This was the best game he has had overall. He didn't go after every shot and used better BBIQ to pick and choose, which put the WCU players on their heels. He got credited for one turnover, which I must have missed. He looked like he was a half step ahead in his actions...much improved. If, and a big if, he can put forth this type of effort and production vs. teams that his production will make a difference like Creighton, UNI, ISU-R, etc...nice job big man!!!
          Also, I realize that it is VERY early and 2 of our opponents haven't been as good of teams as we will face going forward. HOWEVER, we are averaging 11 rpg more than our opponent. That is pretty insane no matter how you look at it!! Hope they can at least keep a 7-8rpg average, that would be significant!
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Maverick to Goose . . .

FVV was Maverick from Top Gun right before the end of the first half when he drove to penetrate, knew the defender was chasing him hard, hit the brakes and they guy blasted him for a foul -

just like this from the movie -

"He's got a lock on us Mav!"

"I'm gonna hit the brakes and he'll fly right by."

"You're WHAT?"
            Last edited by Rixtoy1; November 16, 2012, 10:47 AM.
            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

I'm wondering, with all the depth and athleticism we have, if we'll have anyone foul out this season. Has that ever happened?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                I'm wondering, with all the depth and athleticism we have, if we'll have anyone foul out this season. Has that ever happened?
                So far, we haven't had a player get more than 3 fouls. Pretty sure Jake White fouled out in the exhibition though.

Comment

Valley play and the refs that come with it haven't started yet. I can almost guarantee there will be many more called fouls to come.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    So far, we haven't had a player get more than 3 fouls. Pretty sure Jake White fouled out in the exhibition though.
                    Carl had 4 at VCU (last seconds).
                    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

I remember saying on a previous board that I didn't think Early had "stood out" yet after the first two games compared to how he played in Shocker Madness. After everyone told me how much of an idiot I was, we play VCU and Western Carolina and he absolutely shines.

That's what I was talking about.
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Does anybody else remember when their center went one on one with EO? He caught the ball, saw EO get ready to swat him like a disobedient 5 year old and he wound up just psyching himself out and falling over backwards all on his own... It was one of the funniest things Ive seen in any game. He fell into the fetal position and threw up an air ball 5 feet short. It was like he had never seen anything like EO. That was in the first half and he didn't seem to do much on EO after that either.

Comment

I actually thought their players attacked EO. Perhaps it is a win-win situation for the other players, they score on him and it is an accomplishment, he swats it and it is what was expected.

I think as the season goes, EO will establish a rep as a defender and there will be fewer challenges. At least I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                            I actually thought their players attacked EO. Perhaps it is a win-win situation for the other players, they score on him and it is an accomplishment, he swats it and it is what was expected.

I think as the season goes, EO will establish a rep as a defender and there will be fewer challenges. At least I hope so.
                            I think it's because he had a reputation the last couple years as a guy who fouls alot also. Attack him and try to get him in foul trouble. Problem, for them, is that hasn't been working yet this year. They will learn.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

EO was going to block a shot and the WCU player got so flustered that he fell back and tossed up a "shot" that might have gone 3 feet (up and out) which EO grabbed out of the air. Was that a block, a steal or a rebound? Or all three? :D
                                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                                X