Lockdown Defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown Defenders

This meme I made ten years ago popped up in my memories on Facebook. Mr. Lockdown Defender. Who else would be in TC’s pay grade of defenders?

image.png
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    This meme I made ten years ago popped up in my memories on Facebook. Mr. Lockdown Defender. Who else would be in TC’s pay grade of defenders?

image.png
    FVV - he never really got his due for just how good he was defensively.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ron Baker was underrated also. I remember coach Marshall saying he was “country strong”.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Armstead was a thief too. Didn't he have the seaon record for steals when he left?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Toure. Never forget that he held Klay Thompson to 6 points, 1 assist, and 3 turnovers in the NIT semifinals.

PJ. Blocking the shots of 7 footers, nbd.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

IIRC, and it was 60 years ago so I may just be imagining this but I believe Kelly Pete (n/k/a Mohamad Sharif) was lauded for his tough defense as a Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

FVV - he never really got his due for just how good he was defensively.
              Tekele had trouble with Yogi Ferrell in 2015 Indiana game, so Fred switched to that assignment and did quite well. Gregg said that Fred had some better success guarding true point guards than Tekele did.
              78-65

Comment

Most of the time a teams best player plays off ball, 2-3-4. Tekele was able to lock those down.

IMO, TC was the best defensive player in the nation his junior and senior years. He is in a league all his own.

Other notable defensive players: Fred, Toure, Jamar, Jason.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Jamar Howard could get after it and frustrate the hell out of his guy.

PJ was absolutely fantastic.

I'm not sure anyone takes the top spot from Tekele, at least in this millennia.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Don't sleep on Ben Smith. He, like Tekele, could guard guys 6' through 6'8".

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Don't sleep on Ben Smith. He, like Tekele, could guard guys 6' through 6'8".
                      He slipped my mind.

And if we're talking about guys with a knack for successfully guarding guys bigger than them, Evan Wessel deserves a little love. As an overall defender I wouldn't quite put him with the others previously mentioned, but he was tough as nails and did everything asked on D and made his former Heights star teammate look foolish in the NCAA tournament.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

and Dexter Dennis

Comment

and Dexter Dennis
                          NIT game at Indiana comes to mind.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

and Dexter Dennis
                            Dexter was good off the ball. He had trouble with smaller quicker guards on the ball.

Comment

Working...
                            X