No announcement yet.

2024-25 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocker Alum Toby Lane didn't last long at DOBO did he?

Nolan Magee Added to Men's Basketball Staff

Comment

Comment

If this is what they have been able to reel in for the male practice players I can see the need to troll for more.

image.png

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          Gentlemen, here’s our chance!
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Taylor's story on Matej from today:
            But before Bošnjak can help the Shockers this upcoming season, he first needs eligibility from the NCAA. Mills told reporters two weeks ago that paperwork from Bošnjak’s grades while attending university in Croatia had been submitted to the NCAA and he feels “good about everything that’s been presented.” The case is still ongoing, a WSU spokesperson confirmed on Monday.​
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Well.......

Comment

Lol i hate this. It’s not going to happen, because when has it ever happened? Either they actually have it out for wichita state, OR whoever’s handling it is pretty **** at their job. It’s just sad at this point, even more so because I need a tourney trip sooner rather than later, and Matej would go a long way toward making that happen.

Comment

sound like he might be eligible by December with a retroactive start date to October, based on how things typically work for us.

Comment

Heard he gets to play immediately if he transfers to Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      Heard he gets to play immediately if he transfers to Memphis.
                      with 3 years eligibility remaining

Comment

When he is not granted eligibility (and I say when because, let's face it, he won't be), it won't be because the NCAA stands for academic excellence. That went out the window a while ago, and the facade was completely ripped down once NIL got here. It's not about student-athletes; it's about money and the biggest brands.

As much of a capitalist as I am, the pursuit of money has ruined college athletics and there's no turning back now. Student-athletes? Pfft. That's naivete.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          When he is not granted eligibility (and I say when because, let's face it, he won't be), it won't be because the NCAA stands for academic excellence. That went out the window a while ago, and the facade was completely ripped down once NIL got here. It's not about student-athletes; it's about money and the biggest brands.

As much of a capitalist as I am, the pursuit of money has ruined college athletics and there's no turning back now. Student-athletes? Pfft. That's naivete.
                          Easy solution: take the NCAA to court, get an injunction, play the young man in the meantime.

Comment

When is the last time one of these situations shook out in our favor? Never?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Easy solution: take the NCAA to court, get an injunction, play the young man in the meantime.
                              This is what virtually EVERYBODT does. Sue the NCAA. get an injunction. the other option is to play him and then sue the NCAA. It's almost a certain win either way.

Worst case is that some games are forfeited before the court ruling takes effect. Forfeited games don''t keep butts pout of seats.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                ... the other option is to play him and then sue the NCAA. It's almost a certain win either way.
                                A certain win for WSU? Who doesn't have a single General Counsel member that has any serious expertise in NCAA athletics? I suppose we could outsource it to some 3rd party firm that doesn't understand the urgency or give two sheets about the result ...
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X