Epic win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic win!

Alright, that victory against VCU ranks up there with the Texas Tech game in 2009. Great game Shocks!!

I couldn't have loved it more...no matter how ugly and low scoring. This game is huge to me and I was expecting a 15 point loss.

Comment

There's nothing epic about this win. It was great considering how young we are but not epic. An epic win would be what we did to Syracuse a few years back on their home floor. We set scoring margin records against them that hadn't been done in their building .. ever.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        There's nothing epic about this win. It was great considering how young we are but not epic. An epic win would be what we did to Syracuse a few years back on their home floor. We set scoring margin records against them that hadn't been done in their building .. ever.

T

Given a lot of factors, teams' recent history against each other, on the road, and WSU with a lot of new parts, I'd put this game pretty close to the UNLV win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Given a lot of factors, teams' recent history against each other, on the road, and WSU with a lot of new parts, I'd put this game pretty close to the UNLV win.
          BAH, just a solid road win against a team from the Colonial Athletic Association. Our program should expect to beat teams like these. When Armstead was asked if this was the nastiest defense he had seen coming from the Pac10 he was like..... no comment. Armstead had no problem with the "Havok" scheme and has obviously seen better athletes. An Epic win for me is a decisive win against a ranked BCS team with comparable or superior athletes to us, not some smallish mid-major-sized team employing silly defensive strategies designed to even the playing field against superior athletic competition.

T

Comment

great win...but not epic...some of you guys need better standards to measure a epic win...EPIC wins are like beating a ranked team like Creighton on their floor, when the season is on the line. EPIC is winning in the big dance against teams you arent "suppose" to win against. This game was really sloppy for both teams and at times in the second half it seems like the score would never change, with us with a one point lead. I will stop the banter and let the night hawks come eat my post alive, but great win shocks, on to thurday!! So blessed to have Coach Marshall on our side!!

Comment

BAH, just a solid road win against a team from the Colonial Athletic Association. Our program should expect to beat teams like these. When Armstead was asked if this was the nastiest defense he had seen coming from the Pac10 he was like..... no comment. Armstead had no problem with the "Havok" scheme and has obviously seen better athletes. An Epic win for me is a decisive win against a ranked BCS team with comparable or superior athletes to us, not some smallish mid-major-sized team employing silly defensive strategies designed to even the playing field against superior athletic competition.

T

Originally posted by choida View Post
              great win...but not epic...some of you guys need better standards to measure a epic win...EPIC wins are like beating a ranked team like Creighton on their floor, when the season is on the line. EPIC is winning in the big dance against teams you arent "suppose" to win against. This game was really sloppy for both teams and at times in the second half it seems like the score would never change, with us with a one point lead. I will stop the banter and let the night hawks come eat my post alive, but great win shocks, on to thurday!! So blessed to have Coach Marshall on our side!!
              Yup, not epic, but I only compared it to another non-BCS win over UNLV where we were playing at home and favored to win. We were not favored and on the road with VCU. This game won't get the press the UNLV win did because of what the Rebs did a couple of games prior to our meeting. Nevertheless, it is a very meaningful game for this team at especially this time. It also sends a message to all Valley foes.....how many of them do you think would beat VCU on the road or at home for that matter. And this team is just getting started!!!

Comment

Definitely not in the epic class IMHO. A very nice win, that won't mean much unless the Shocks build on it and continue to grow as a team. Which I expect they will. Now onward and upward.

Comment

I think it's a big deal. It's okay to be proud. You can either lose and coach uses it to teach and create a stronger team for the future or you can win and he will still do the same thing except if VCU keeps winning after this you get an rpi boost and you are elevated into a higher level right from the get go. This is one of maybe 4 games that can establish spotlight on WSU and we absolutely needed it if we are going to have a dominant and watched season before conference play. This might be a really good team. I was hoping for that and this game, although ugly, starts us in the right direction.

Comment

If you define epic as being the difference between an at-large bid and hosting some NIT games, this might fit the bill.

If you define it as a top 10 or 20 all-time win for the program, absolutely not.

Who cares. It was a great game and fun to watch. Let everyone enjoy it.

Comment

Considering how weak our schedule is and how few opportunities we have to get a quality win this WIN IS GIGANTIC! Winning at VCU on the road will look good on our resume in March. What else on our schedule do we have to build a resume? In the non-con, a game at Tennessee and that is about it. Maybe Tulsa or somebody else will have a good season and turn out to be a quality game. In the conference, CU is probably the only team that will be considered a quality win.

I am very very happy over tonight's win. GO SHOCKERS!

Comment

For this game to have been epic, we would have needed to just absolutely destroy them in every facet. Like fans leaving at the 13:00 mark in the 2nd half destruction. The way our defense played, that was doable, but our offense didnt make the trip to VA.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Solid win, but not epic. However, this could very well be one that is remembered at NCAA selection time. VCU just needs to do their part now and tear apart everyone else they play, and I have no doubts that this will end up being a "good loss" on their resume.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

T

It was a pretty cool win. Maybe not "beat KU to go to the Elite Eight" epic but still cool.
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

This is not the first time that hyperbole has been used on SN. I've seen it used on EO and even as far back as describing Casey Crawford's basketball ability. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X