Nick Wiggins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Wiggins

i havent had a chance to watch the Shockers play at all this year and am curious as to why Nick Wiggins is getting no playing time, i played in the same conference as him in Juco and he was unstoppable, is it the system, just better players, or something off court or attitiude related. i figured he would step in and be able to help the shockers right away and start or log big minutes, thanks for the info and good luck on the season

I think at this point its his defense and probably lack of understanding of the system. Nick will get a lot of time once he figures it out. He's gonna be a good player for us.

Comment

Coach has said he is too "loose" with the ball. He doesn't defend or rebound like coach wants and he is still learning the system. We are all very excited for Nick to "get it." It will take some time, but once he does, he will add a whole new dimension to this team.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Nick will see plenty of time the next two games.

Comment

You can also throw in that there a lot of new faces and they all need minutes to develop. Only so much PT to go around. He will get oppotunities.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

We really need minutes from him....big time.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              We really need minutes from him....big time.
              Yes, we need a wing scorer, BADLY!
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

thanks for the input guys. i was just curious as i have been checking the box scores lately. not much good D is played around here in Juco. i was wondering how his game would translate to D1. hopefully he gets a chance to shine, it has to be tuff coming in as a JR and waiting for your turn. hopefully he can figure it out soon. on a side note im a Iowa Hawkeyes fan and they have a possible game coming up vs the Shockers so maybe i will get to finally watch a game and see for myself.

Comment

Right now Marshall doesnt trust Wiggins, games like these Marshall went with who he trust. Wiggins will have time to earn marshall trust
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by redman44 View Post
                    thanks for the input guys. i was just curious as i have been checking the box scores lately. not much good D is played around here in Juco. i was wondering how his game would translate to D1. hopefully he gets a chance to shine, it has to be tuff coming in as a JR and waiting for your turn. hopefully he can figure it out soon. on a side note im a Iowa Hawkeyes fan and they have a possible game coming up vs the Shockers so maybe i will get to finally watch a game and see for myself.
                    Believe me, we all want Nick to be successful. Hopefully he is listening to the coaches and doing what it takes in practice to earn playing time. Coach never promises anyone playing time. Just gotta work hard and earn it. I had an opportunity to meet Nick this summer. He is a real good guy. I hope he gets his chance to shine soon.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Is Wiggins the kind of guy who will mope and get all salty about the lack of PT and then bail on us?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Is Wiggins the kind of guy who will mope and get all salty about the lack of PT and then bail on us?
                        Didn't seem like that kind of guy. Got along real well with everyone. But then again, now that the season has started....you never know. I hope not. I think he can be an asset if he keeps working on what coach is telling him to do.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Sometimes, it just takes JUCO players awhile to adjust to our system and "get it." It says nothing about the player. Ragland was the same way last year and become one of the deadliest players in the nation as a senior.

From the games I've watched, Wiggins may be our best finisher at the rim, but Marshall really stresses a complete game. His skills in other areas just need to catch up, but he'll get his playing time if he earns it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him much more often near the end of the season, because we've had guys in similar situations turn it on around then.

Comment

Nick needs to pull his head out, learn to be a team player (not a hot dog) and listen to the coach. Once he does that, he will become an important part of the team.
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by redman44 View Post
                              i havent had a chance to watch the Shockers play at all this year and am curious as to why Nick Wiggins is getting no playing time, i played in the same conference as him in Juco and he was unstoppable, is it the system, just better players, or something off court or attitiude related. i figured he would step in and be able to help the shockers right away and start or log big minutes, thanks for the info and good luck on the season
                              The systems in D1 are substantially more complicated to learn than JUCO. And of the many D1 systems out there, HC3GM's system is particularly complicated to pick up (unless he has simplified it a bit). It's just going to take Nick time to figure out how to improvise within the role he's assigned.

FWIW -- I think that's why CleAnthony is missing shots right now as well. He's having to think more at this point in the season and that fraction of a second where you are conflicted about what you are told to do versus what has been instinctive just throws you off a bit. Eventually those two aren't in conflict and that's when a good JUCO player pours it on.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X