GREAT game and congratulations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT game and congratulations!

That was a ridiculous game and I'm sure entertaining for all the neutral party observers who watched it. ESPNU must be ecstatic.

That was an amazing exhibition by the Shockers on how to handle our full court pressure. Your passes were crisp and timely out of the traps and you ran down the floor and made buckets all night when you needed them. At no point in the game did I really feel like we deserved to win. Your defense was excellent and you were the ones turning us over more often than not.

You really exposed us today and laid out the blueprint to beat us at our own game. I'm sure the rest of the A-10 took notes and will be using some of the things Gregg Marshall used today. He was masterful and I give him a ton of credit for the result tonight.

Many here were saying this would be a great learning experience for your young team, but I think it was your team who did some teaching tonight, at least I hope our guys learn from it or we will lose a lot more games like that this year.

I hope this will end up being a signature win for you and I think you certainly won the game much more than anything we did to lose it. Your team will be downright scary come March given what you just did in November. You all made Briante Weber look like a chump out there. Some guys we look to to really score (Brandenberg, Graham, Daniels etc.) were rendered completely irrelevant. That's a direct result of you forcing us to play half-court offense, something we still have no idea how to attack when there are plus athletes on the opposing team bearing down. Our guys looked confused, disoriented, and downright outmatched at times in the half-court offense. I give full credit to your defense and Gregg Marshall's game plan for that.

I'm certainly eating some humble pie and I bet the vast majority of our fan base is too. Really tough loss for us, at the same time, I think we all realized how great a game it was, and it was very entertaining to see.

Good luck to the Shockers going forward. I have no doubt you will have an excellent season, and I hope we rebound from this to have the season we're expecting as well. Great statement game for Gregg, the Shocker program, to VCU, the MVC, and the country that you all are building a program that will be making a lot of noise, regardless of who is wearing the uniform.

Congrats and good game again!

Offense is overrated. Defense wins championships. Both teams played hard tonight and it was a 100% MAN'S game out there. Hide the women and children.

We can get after it, bigtime, especially in the halfcourt. I am loving how hard this team is playing, getting after loose balls, pounding the boards etc etc. I still attribute most of the poor shooting to really good D. There were few uncontested shots, and most that were open were knocked down.

It's better to win ugly than lose ugly, and while I am both thrilled and surprised at the win, but that's only because I underestimated the athletes we brought to the floor. WSU was the bigger, faster, stronger team. I like our upside.

I hope Troy's all right. I hate to see anyone hurt and you guys really need his shooting.

And for the love of Pete, will you please spring for a towel boy to mop the baseline???!!!!

Havoc dies here.

Comment

Three years, three games, decided by 6 points. I think this series of games has worked out well for both of us and I hope we find some way to keep it going. Thanks for the compliments and I am now a Ram fan for the rest of the year (or at least until March).
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Thanks for stopping by on our board. You are a classy representative of VCU. Visit anytime.

With that said, I hope it hurt like hell.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Three years, three games, decided by 6 points. I think this series of games has worked out well for both of us and I hope we find some way to keep it going. Thanks for the compliments and I am now a Ram fan for the rest of the year (or at least until March).
          I guarantee you if there's one thing that would stop a potential series with VCU, it's Shaka "Shorty with Tears" Smart.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's been a greaat forced series. Time for the schools to decide to continue. Please do!
            In the fast lane

Comment

Classy post. I hope this isn't the last time our two teams play, but at least this time it is a learning moment for both teams instead of the end of a season.

Comment

That's very generous, DistrictBaller.

Classy post. I raise a toast.

Tough loss for the Rams, I can relate, but Shaka will make it all right in the end for VCU, I have no doubt.

Comment

See, why can't we have VCU in our conference? Great rivalry, pretty good fans that I've heard from and obviously some crazy games. Way better than most of the garbage we have to deal with here from time to time. (Lusking, DJA and so on.....). Thanks for the post, District. That was quite the nerve-racking game, but boy was it fun!

Comment

Good luck to you and your Rams for the rest of the season, District. I wish we could play you guys every year.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by DistrictBaller View Post
                      That was a ridiculous game and I'm sure entertaining for all the neutral party observers who watched it. ESPNU must be ecstatic.

That was an amazing exhibition by the Shockers on how to handle our full court pressure. Your passes were crisp and timely out of the traps and you ran down the floor and made buckets all night when you needed them. At no point in the game did I really feel like we deserved to win. Your defense was excellent and you were the ones turning us over more often than not.

You really exposed us today and laid out the blueprint to beat us at our own game. I'm sure the rest of the A-10 took notes and will be using some of the things Gregg Marshall used today. He was masterful and I give him a ton of credit for the result tonight.

Many here were saying this would be a great learning experience for your young team, but I think it was your team who did some teaching tonight, at least I hope our guys learn from it or we will lose a lot more games like that this year.

I hope this will end up being a signature win for you and I think you certainly won the game much more than anything we did to lose it. Your team will be downright scary come March given what you just did in November. You all made Briante Weber look like a chump out there. Some guys we look to to really score (Brandenberg, Graham, Daniels etc.) were rendered completely irrelevant. That's a direct result of you forcing us to play half-court offense, something we still have no idea how to attack when there are plus athletes on the opposing team bearing down. Our guys looked confused, disoriented, and downright outmatched at times in the half-court offense. I give full credit to your defense and Gregg Marshall's game plan for that.

I'm certainly eating some humble pie and I bet the vast majority of our fan base is too. Really tough loss for us, at the same time, I think we all realized how great a game it was, and it was very entertaining to see.

Good luck to the Shockers going forward. I have no doubt you will have an excellent season, and I hope we rebound from this to have the season we're expecting as well. Great statement game for Gregg, the Shocker program, to VCU, the MVC, and the country that you all are building a program that will be making a lot of noise, regardless of who is wearing the uniform.

Congrats and good game again!
                      Thanks for the kind words. I have visited your site and was treated with great respect. The great majority of posters are genuinely giving credit to 3G and our Shox after our hard fought win. Very classy. Go get em the rest of the year.

Comment

District you are awesome. Your insights have been great and I think we all can appreciate your presence especially after that last post. I hope you'll stick around through the rivalry that hopefully will continue for a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Thanks for the kind words. I have visited your site and was treated with great respect. The great majority of posters are genuinely giving credit to 3G and our Shox after our hard fought win. Very classy. Go get em the rest of the year.
                          I noticed that, too.

Comment

If we would have lost this game our forum would have been inundated with toolish small-time douche bags. VCU is a nice little program and the W will go nicely with many more to come this year. Losing wouldn't have hurt that bad and winning isn't going to help much. Lots of work left to be done and now we know our Shockers can get down and dirty if they need to. Hopefully the rest of our games are against opponents that play with class and try to win games straight up instead of using hokey defensive schemes. Nobody likes to watch that on television.

T

...:cool:
                            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; November 13, 2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

That game was ugly and we still have A LOT of work to do
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X